Battery Drain Fixed by Samsung!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I charged midday so I don't know how accurate all this will be...you can still see there's a heavy drain. Been like this on nearly every Android phone of mine so I'm thinking it's some app:

Posted via the Android Central App

From those screenshots it doesn't seem to be related to a rogue app, at least not a third party one, the biggest offender seems to be Android system, the problem with that is that it's a very difficult to pinpoint when it's that, under that is most Android system files and also a lot of Samsung ones.

So check optional Samsung stuff like backups and Samsung accounts, and stop syncing those, plus disabling every Samsung app you won't use, basically all of them can be disable, like all Milk apps, S voice and even Lookout that's not a Samsung App per se but a heavy usage app, and you want lose any functionality on your phone.

If the previous doesn't help I'd suggest you to do a Full backup with Samsung Smart Switch app for PC and then enter to Recovery mode (power off, then press and hold power, volume up and home buttons until you see a line of tiny blue words at the top or an android logo on screen, let off the buttons) in the Recovery mode do a Wipe Cache Partition and then a Wipe data/ full reset and then restore your stuff.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
From those screenshots it doesn't seem to be related to a rogue app, at least not a third party one, the biggest offender seems to be Android system, the problem with that is that it's a very difficult to pinpoint when it's that, under that is most Android system files and also a lot of Samsung ones.

So check optional Samsung stuff like backups and Samsung accounts, and stop syncing those, plus disabling every Samsung app you won't use, basically all of them can be disable, like all Milk apps, S voice and even Lookout that's not a Samsung App per se but a heavy usage app, and you want lose any functionality on your phone.

If the previous doesn't help I'd suggest you to do a Full backup with Samsung Smart Switch app for PC and then enter to Recovery mode (power off, then press and hold power, volume up and home buttons until you see a line of tiny blue words at the top or an android logo on screen, let off the buttons) in the Recovery mode do a Wipe Cache Partition and then a Wipe data/ full reset and then restore your stuff.

Thanks for all that. I've already got most of the stuff I don't want disabled (Luckily Verizon didn't include Lookout). I'm not feeling the strength to do a full wipe lol (plus it didn't really help my Moto X) but I may try wiping cache.

Honestly this may really be a Lollipop issue!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
At this point, you're the only one still going on about this. I think people appreciate the fact that there's devices out there that aren't having this issue and that's what I'm bringing to the table. So I'm not being unrealistic about the battery life of this phone. If anything, I'm in a more qualified position to discuss what this thing can do since my phone isn't having these problems.

Warpdrive can attest to this. We'd argue back and forth about the battery life on this phone and when we finally got ours, he gets even better battery life than I do.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge
Berdinkerdickle, who determines belittling or what is proper or valid to respond or post? You? That's rich.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Should I also give it a rest? I don't have such battery issues.

After all, the vast majority who have battery issues are on T-Mobile. Why blame Samsung when it's a T-Mobile issue?

I have seen every carrier have an issue... Not every person but definitely every carrier version of this phone have the issue. Most just think it's mainly T-Mobile since we got ours way earlier than anyone else... So we were first at reporting issues.

I personally have no issues anymore. I jump on my 2.4 GHz network and good to go. No complaints. It works like it should when idle and works like it should when I push it really hard. :) .

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I have seen every carrier have an issue... Not every person but definitely every carrier version of this phone have the issue. Most just think it's mainly T-Mobile since we got ours way earlier than anyone else... So we were first at reporting issues.

I personally have no issues anymore. I jump on my 2.4 GHz network and good to go. No complaints. It works like it should when idle and works like it should when I push it really hard. :) .

Glad to hear it. It's a solid performer when Lollipop isn't dragging it down. I've been impressed with the efficiency.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Great to hear that in your case it was that, so I was right at a certain degree but not completely. I'm still trying to see what else may be if I think on something else to try I'll post it so others that changing to 2.4ghz connection didn't help may try it also.

ramsv94

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Did sprint phones get this? I didn't get a notification of a update and I can't open Samsung push services either since I can only see it in the application manager

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Should I also give it a rest? I don't have such battery issues.

After all, the vast majority who have battery issues are on T-Mobile. Why blame Samsung when it's a T-Mobile issue?

No it's not, cell stand by issue is spread across all carrier models and it's not specific to T-Mobile. It's just false info being spread, every battery life sucks thread have cell stand by screenshots from different carriers along with the usual I don't have any issues screenshots.
I'm on T-Mobile and don't have cell stand by problems as long as WiFi is off. I don't care since I have unlimited data and strong signal in my area but can certainly understand this being problem for other people across carriers.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
So many annoying people around here. Turn this off, turn this off, turn that off, ohhh really let's Face it this way, what's the point turning off most needed things? Why even advertise if you need to disable many important things to save the battery, why? This is 21st century a 2015 and if they didn't realize how important is battery life they will never do...! ☺ I don't mind to have few mm thicker phone with larger battery instead giant case like many around here. I really 😁 when see many have 3/4 pounds of case to cover beautiful phone, oh I know why because the buy phone every 2-3 years actually when is moon become blue. I got phone every year even less than a year several times and now someone telling me what is good and what is bad phone hahahaha give me a break old farts 😁 I had every single Galaxy phone and don't bother teaching me what should I do. Chill out lol. Do you still using basic mode or kids mode on your Galaxy? 😂 Yes I know you that you operate your tv/cable box remote well but give me a break of teaching me what should I turned off to save my battery, apps are there to run! So run baby run, fire it up and you, Yes YOU! calm down! Don't be smart A. S. S and respond to every post go to your meetings and use your TV remote control, I give up I'm sure and you are winer with remote control but don't tell people about Galaxy phone if you are not capable and save these days servers because they can't hold that much BS you posting. I'm sure many will find themselves in this post. Good night and good dreams be happy because you have your phone a new renewal is in 24 months 😂😂😂😂😂

Sent via the GALAXY S6

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
All I'll say is of you fix your settings right, this phone will last you a while... The phone been off the charger concerned around 1PM, and I'm sure I can still use this phone until 1PM the following day without having to charge... The update really worked for me... Sure I don't get 6 hrs of screen time but this phone can sure last a whole day and it's more than enough

uploadfromtaptalk1429424633631.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1429424642298.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
So many annoying people around here. Turn this off, turn this off, turn that off, ohhh really let's Face it this way, what's the point turning off most needed things? Why even advertise if you need to disable many important things to save the battery, why? This is 21st century a 2015 and if they didn't realize how important is battery life they will never do...! ☺ I don't mind to have few mm thicker phone with larger battery instead giant case like many around here. I really 😁 when see many have 3/4 pounds of case to cover beautiful phone, oh I know why because the buy phone every 2-3 years actually when is moon become blue. I got phone every year even less than a year several times and now someone telling me what is good and what is bad phone hahahaha give me a break old farts 😁 I had every single Galaxy phone and don't bother teaching me what should I do. Chill out lol. Do you still using basic mode or kids mode on your Galaxy? 😂 Yes I know you that you operate your tv/cable box remote well but give me a break of teaching me what should I turned off to save my battery, apps are there to run! So run baby run, fire it up and you, Yes YOU! calm down! Don't be smart A. S. S and respond to every post go to your meetings and use your TV remote control, I give up I'm sure and you are winer with remote control but don't tell people about Galaxy phone if you are not capable and save these days servers because they can't hold that much BS you posting. I'm sure many will find themselves in this post. Good night and good dreams be happy because you have your phone a new renewal is in 24 months 😂😂😂😂😂

Sent via the GALAXY S6

You are right, but you have should looked into possible issues with the phone before jumping into buying, no phone is perfect and without issues and Samsung is certainly no different then other phone makers big problem comes with going to Samsung sections of forums they have loyalists who will tell you Samsung can do no wrong this is best phone ever made look at how many they sell.I am getting 2 days on battery everything enabled it has Zero lag it has flawless radios so you base you decision on this fanboys, if that is what you want to call it and you just don't have the experience they are when you test it then you come back and share your experience and they try to disclaim your problems on either something you did or it must be defective they blame android they blame everybody but Samsung themselves, you need to stop buying phones off marketing and sales numbers and decided what features are important to you there are other phone manufacturer out there,still the best was when the S5 came out as being water resistant and you had some users saying they went diving for treasure in the middle of the ocean with the phone and it still worked flawless and other who dropped it by accident in a toilet bowl and it stopped working now who do you believe.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Don't feed the trolls. Here is the 3 step process for dealing with trolls:

1. Do not respond. At all.
2. Hit the report button.
3. Move on.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
You know people will defend there purchase to the end. The more you bring up bugs and problems the worst they react to your comments. All I'm saying is why do I need to tweak and make compromises to get acceptable performance/battery life right out the box with these flagship phones? People will argue me down that it is necessary with android to do this and I ask again why should I have to do this in 2015?
2015 and Google has not learned what it takes to make an efficient OS that does not require tweaking right out the box. 2015 and Samsung makes all the components for their own phones and yet cannot optimize there own drivers and code base they add to android for their own phones. I had the S6 edge 128GB and yet I took it back because of a battery drain that even happens on standby.
2015 and the cure is to compromise my user experience by disabling features, settings, and apps themselves. 2015 and I have to compromise what makes a smartphone a smartphone because it just that awesome of a phone. 2015 folks and this is not how I will do business anymore with my purchases. I will not make compromises, I won't wait for the next update to solve the problem, and I won't tweak a phone to death anymore.
For how much these devices cost now there should be no compromise. I would hope more people would do themselves justice and not compromise. But you have so many willing to put up with them just to have the next uber device and that in itself is a shame. Yeahhhhh I might have to stay with an older device until I find something better, but I will keep my principles and not compromise my user experience for a devices shortcomings.
Best post in the thread, period.

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

Yup! I'm new around here and couldn't believe the backlash myself and others were getting because we, gasp, dared to mention these new phones aren't functioning 100% correctly and have genuine issues. It's like they take it extremely personally like they built the phone themselves.

What I wanna know is how do you ignore or block people on here?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Agree. All we get is that this is the nature of Android and if we're not happy with it then we should buy an Apple instead, or this is what we should expect if we want a system that is completely customizable.

Last edited:

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Yup! I'm new around here and couldn't believe the backlash myself and others were getting because we, gasp, dared to mention these new phones aren't functioning 100% correctly and have genuine issues. It's like they take it extremely personally like they built the phone themselves.

Totally agree. There are one or two here that get all defensive when anything negative is said about the s6. Actually, the biggest offender has almost 10k posts of pure dribble to his name and he probably posts more on this board than anyone else. The s6 is flawed but I went with the best build, size and camera and that is the s6. Originally I was getting the m9 until the camera reviews came out and then the 810 issues. I have an iPhone 6 and my s6 battery is actually a little better combined with a better camera makes it my go to right now. I have my eye on the g4 but it's looking like it may be too big. Currently on my vz s6 I get 5 to 6 hours sot with pretty much everything on. Someone make a better android than the s6 and I'm on it.

Last edited:

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

No, I think it's because we told you why it's not functioning 100% (on some devices), offered ways to increase your battery life while you wait for an update (everyone should thank erasat for his work), and advised either being patient or exchanging your device. Despite all of that, some of you insist on harping on this and calling out the S6 like it's the only Android device with this issue (it's not) and saying the battery life sucks on this phone (it doesn't).

Seriously, what else is there to say? Either you can live with it until it's corrected or you can't. Either you're willing to tweak a few things to help improve your issue or you're not. Carrying past how simple this is and complaining ad nauseum is going to elicit the response you're getting. My sympathy for some of you ends the second you've decided that regardless of knowing all the information, you're going to ***** anyways.

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Even with an exchange isn't there still a chance that it will have the problem ? For me it seems easier to just wait. I never switched androids before though. Is it simple? Setup and app wise...

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Even with an exchange isn't there still a chance that it will have the problem ? For me it seems easier to just wait. I never switched androids before though. Is it simple? Setup and app wise...

It's a tough call. You could exchange and have the same issue. You could exchange and end up with a device like mine that doesn't suffer from this. The setup isn't difficult anymore thanks to Lollipop, honestly. I think that's the first time we've said anything positive about Lollipop in quite awhile. Ha.

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Lol. Maybe I'll give it until Friday (my last day) before an exchange. This is just from this morning. I haven't had the app that long. How does it look?

Attachments

• 1429450112865.jpg
    1429450112865.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 1429450122506.jpg
    1429450122506.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics