Battery Drain Fixed by Samsung!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm reluctant to download this app and apply the fix as I'm with Verizon and I find my battery life to be pretty amazing. I'm getting over 18 hours with over 4.5 hours of screen on time. And I don't use any Samsung services so I'm not even sure this would do anything for me.

Any other Verizon people out there having similar thoughts or reservations?

I haven't seen hide nor hair of this update (VZW also). I'm probably looking in the wrong place. I went into settings, then system updates, and nothing there.

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I don't think that app has anything to do with Cell standby issue. I have had the app disabled since day one and cell standby is still my number one drain. I believe it's a lollipop issue. I'm sure the update helped those that use the app. But cell standby issue is still a problem and it's not going to be fixed until they push a lollipop update.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that app has anything to do with Cell standby issue. I have had the app disabled since day one and cell standby is still my number one drain. I believe it's a lollipop issue. I'm sure the update helped those that use the app. But cell standby issue is still a problem and it's not going to be fixed until they push a lollipop update.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What carrier do you have?

If you have AT&T, turn off HD Voice....that is the solution to the Cell Standby problem

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Proof the Samsung update worked for me

I installed the update around 3:30...before that was a big drop... I charged up a little bit and after 3 my battery is falling more slowly...hopefulky this means I can get almost 5 hrs of screen time at full charge

uploadfromtaptalk1429247607427.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

anon367353

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Battery drain while idle was mostly an issue on the US variants only. Non-US variants never faced this issue (in most cases). While using the phone, it's actually the most efficient phone available now. It's just the phone never goes to sleep due to some background activity while idle.

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Drain seems to be improved for me. I'm on Sprint with a Galaxy S6 edge. I leave the night clock on (I like it) from 1 am to 4:30 am, for the past week I'd take it off charger before bed around 11 pm and wake up @ 4:30 am to somewhere around 77% just sitting idle overnight. Last night, after the update yesterday I went to bed again at 100%. Woke up this morning with 88% at 4:30 am. I think it's helped a great deal. Cell stand-by was at 3% today, followed by Google play at 1%, Android OS at 1%, Device idle at 1%.... and so on. G-Sam says my average per charge is 19 hrs 34 mins. It'll be interesting to see if this goes up over the next few days.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Proof the Samsung update worked for me

I installed the update around 3:30...before that was a big drop... I charged up a little bit and after 3 my battery is falling more slowly...hopefulky this means I can get almost 5 hrs of screen time at full charge

View attachment 172140

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

Are we still talking the Samsung Push Service app? I see,that it is installed and I am on AT&T. My understanding was that it was a notification app. Where is the option to install the update?

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
My phone has had no issues with Advanced calling with Verizon. On the other hand my wife's phone had the same issue described. I called verizon for help with the issue and they weren't able to fix it and suggested we speak with tier 2 support. My wife had to leave the house and was going to call them later but somehow they either fixed it or it fixed itself. I checked her account a couple hours later and she had the advanced calling on her plan. I completely understand the frustration but if they were able to fix it for her I am sure they can do the same for you

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I turned on the advanced calling last night and it worked. Apparently verizon got it fixed on my account.

But for those saying that turning off advanced calling or hd voice helps with cell standby drain I can personally attest that both have been off on this s6 since date of purchase, 4/11, and cell standby has been brutally draining my battery!

Now with it on and working we'll see how performance is today but I'm not expecting anything different because I believe it's a lollipop bug and won't be resolved until we get the lollipop update.....uggg

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
No difference. That app is up to date on this s6 and it matters none! This is unacceptable! I may not make it through the day without taking it back. It's beyond ridiculous!!

Attachments

• 1429270047676.jpg
    1429270047676.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 89

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
No difference. That app is up to date on this s6 and it matters none! This is unacceptable! I may not make it through the day without taking it back. It's beyond ridiculous!!
Mine has been almost the exact opposite after the update. Too bad maybe yours is defective? It's definitely worth another to see this is an amazing phone!
49423f21dab4d99c8afc72678f9068af.jpg

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I haven't seen hide nor hair of this update (VZW also). I'm probably looking in the wrong place. I went into settings, then system updates, and nothing there.

Strange, I got that update pushed to my GS3 last night. Don't think it's the real fix, maybe a marginal improvement but Google seems to be the culprit here, and nothing's happening from them.

JoesonFox

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I just switched from the Note 3 to the Galaxy S6. So far, I'm overwhelmingly disappointed with this phone.

Maybe my expectations were way too high. I expected the S6 to be a super-improved, smaller Note 3. What I got was a hybrid Android/iPhone-wannabe with a terrible battery life.

Seriously, my battery must be defective. I can't get more than 7.5 hours out of a single charge! I've had that Samsung Push Services update installed since yesterday; it doesn't help at all. Granted, the first day I was using it heavily as I wanted to explore the phone and tweak the settings (which are severely dumbed down, by the way). However, this morning I turned my phone on at 6:30 AM with 57% battery (I turned it off last night before going to bed). After searching for an app on the Play store and sending 3 text messages, it had gone down to 54%. From 6:30 AM to 6:34 AM, my battery went down 3%. How is this acceptable?! It's now 8:11 AM and I'm down to 42%. The screen has been off for the majority of this time and I've sent maybe 10-15 text messages max. My girlfriend's iPhone was off the charger at 7:10 AM and at 7:45 AM she was still at 100% battery.

Personally, I will be returning this phone and looking for a better one this weekend. I got the S6 because I was so satisfied with my Note 3, but this time I wanted a smaller phone. Now I'm going to have to look at some Droid or Windows phones, because I refuse to go back to the iPhone. I guess now I can (unfortunately) add the Galaxy S phones to my blacklist, too. :'(

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I just switched from the Note 3 to the Galaxy S6. So far, I'm overwhelmingly disappointed with this phone.

Maybe my expectations were way too high. I expected the S6 to be a super-improved, smaller Note 3. What I got was a hybrid Android/iPhone-wannabe with a terrible battery life.

Seriously, my battery must be defective. I can't get more than 7.5 hours out of a single charge! I've had that Samsung Push Services update installed since yesterday; it doesn't help at all. Granted, the first day I was using it heavily as I wanted to explore the phone and tweak the settings (which are severely dumbed down, by the way). However, this morning I turned my phone on at 6:30 AM with 57% battery (I turned it off last night before going to bed). After searching for an app on the Play store and sending 3 text messages, it had gone down to 54%. From 6:30 AM to 6:34 AM, my battery went down 3%. How is this acceptable?! It's now 8:11 AM and I'm down to 42%. The screen has been off for the majority of this time and I've sent maybe 10-15 text messages max. My girlfriend's iPhone was off the charger at 7:10 AM and at 7:45 AM she was still at 100% battery.

Personally, I will be returning this phone and looking for a better one this weekend. I got the S6 because I was so satisfied with my Note 3, but this time I wanted a smaller phone. Now I'm going to have to look at some Droid or Windows phones, because I refuse to go back to the iPhone. I guess now I can (unfortunately) add the Galaxy S phones to my blacklist, too. :'(

What's your signal strength like?

Posted via the Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards