Battery issues?

darkSSide

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok here is the problem. My battery is draining fast! Once it gets to 100% with some use on the internet within an hour it's at 50%. To top it off once it gets to 44% when in use it shuts off. If I turn it back on it will go through it's motions but once at the home screen it will shut off like it had no charge. Now if I hook it up to the charger and turn it on it will stay on.
Do you think the battery needs to be replaced or is there something else going on?
Any help in the right direction is very much appreciated. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's classic behavior for a failing battery. I think you probably need to get it replaced, if you want to continue using that phone.

darkSSide

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That's classic behavior for a failing battery. I think you probably need to get it replaced, if you want to continue using that phone.
Ok good to know. I wouldn't want to waste money on changing a battery and it kept on turning off on me.
Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Be aware that there's always a possibility it could be something else related to the charging circuits, so I can't guarantee it's an isolated battery issue. But the behavior is classic, so that's the first thing to try.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
The Turbo 2 did have issues with the charging process, with numerous phones that would just not charge at all using any micro-USB cable. I had two affected by that issue. If yours is currently charging OK but losing the charge fast it doesn't sound like you are affected by the failed port / charge circuit issue that affect yes so many of us.

darkSSide

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
My wife's has that issue so she only uses a wireless charger
The Turbo 2 did have issues with the charging process, with numerous phones that would just not charge at all using any micro-USB cable. I had two affected by that issue. If yours is currently charging OK but losing the charge fast it doesn't sound like you are affected by the failed port / charge circuit issue that affect yes so many of us.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch