Battery Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 draining fast and suuuuupppeeeerrr looooooong charging time, what could the problem be?

A

AC Question

Battery Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 draining fast and suuuuupppeeeerrr looooooong charging time

I'm having a tab s 8.4 and it takes like a day (litteraly a DAY) to charge to 100%...
can u guys give me solution?
(I'll post my battery information I got using *#0228#)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 draining fast and suuuuupppeeeerrr looooooong charging time

Turn the device off. Plug in the charger. See how long it takes to charge.

If it still takes a day, it's a defective battery or charger (in that order - chargers usually don't go bad, but you can kill a battery in a few months if you don't treat it right).

If it charges quickly when it's off, either there's a hardware problem (usually on the motherboard) or a software problem - the phone is using almost all the current coming from the charger and there's very little going to the battery.

Any of those problems (other than a bad charger) would cause the battery to discharge quickly.

Cuore

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Battery Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 draining fast and suuuuupppeeeerrr looooooong charging time

sorry wrong post and i cant delete this post >.< still newbie

Cuore

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site

Turn the device off. Plug in the charger. See how long it takes to charge.

If it still takes a day, it's a defective battery or charger (in that order - chargers usually don't go bad, but you can kill a battery in a few months if you don't treat it right).

If it charges quickly when it's off, either there's a hardware problem (usually on the motherboard) or a software problem - the phone is using almost all the current coming from the charger and there's very little going to the battery.

Any of those problems (other than a bad charger) would cause the battery to discharge quickly.

ok thanks~ if it's still take a long time should i consider change my charging cable?

this is my battery information btw
184042.jpg