Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
my f5 key is gonna break :)

Not to mention email inbox flood.

F5-page-refresh.gif

rbi411

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
If I were you I'd tell them to stick it. Its not your fault that they were utterly incompetent. I don't see anything that would be violating anything related to terms of service. If they do brick it on you without cause it'd be certainly unfortunate, but I'd imagine you'd have some recourse. Might even be able to get out of your contract if you do and move to someone that isn't out to screw you. If you're really paranoid about it I'd imagine just popping it into airplane mode would prevent them from doing anything to it.

Suprtrukr425

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow, 31 pages and no answer to as what happened. My guess would be that if the OP decided to read everyone's opinions, then he is probably still stuck on here and hasn't even made a call/trip to BB.

My opinion though, is BB owes the OP for his time/frustration. Any fault is soley on BB.

Merc25

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the geek squad knocked on his door and took him away? That's why he hasn't updated yet.

Are you suggesting a wellness check because its possible after BB's 3 phone calls they tear gassed his cube at work and dragged him out with a mouse cord for further questioning?

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Maybe he is in the middle of some tough negotiations. Or they caved and he is busy picking out all the free stuff they are going to give him.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
They didnt call me.... but they can buy it back from me for $1200... seems to be the going rate on ebay :)

Seems there are 3 sides on this situation:

1. Don't return the phone
  2. Return the phone and get a refund
  3. Return and try to get as much as you can

Looks to be you're in the same camp as me...#3
Drain em for all you can!

techno_techie

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Just, mah two cents:

We all need the experience of a person who doesn't gripe about the inconvenience. I think you should return it, be gracious about it, just receiving a full refund and asking if they can provide you a solution for the time being. I wouldn't demand this, that, or the other, just what you are owed back for the material cost of the phone. There are always inconveniences, but you know, maybe you can just be gracious about it. They made a mistake, the guy who sold it is probably is concerned for his meager job at the Best Buy. You were our hero (lol) for walking out with it. Go be theirs by doing what no one thinks you should have to do, but because they gave it a shot to ask for it back. Good luck. Can't wait to read the rest of the story...Paul Harvey much?

st0ic_1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just, mah two cents:

We all need the experience of a person who doesn't gripe about the inconvenience. I think you should return it, be gracious about it, just receiving a full refund and asking if they can provide you a solution for the time being. I wouldn't demand this, that, or the other, just what you are owed back for the material cost of the phone. There are always inconveniences, but you know, maybe you can just be gracious about it. They made a mistake, the guy who sold it is probably is concerned for his meager job at the Best Buy. You were our hero (lol) for walking out with it. Go be theirs by doing what no one thinks you should have to do, but because they gave it a shot to ask for it back. Good luck. Can't wait to read the rest of the story...Paul Harvey much?

Yeah.. I dunno about all that. He sold his other device to purchase this one. I'm sorry, but in my eyes it's unreasonable to ask for the device back without any type of compensation for his time and troubles.

Reactions: dadsterflip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe