Best Buy Preorders?

Kurt85

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if Best Buy will price match the $119 wirefly deal? I already pre-ordered, but it would be nice if they would drop the price some more.

commonplace

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if Best Buy will price match the $119 wirefly deal? I already pre-ordered, but it would be nice if they would drop the price some more.

I don't believe Best Buy matches against Wirefly or any other web site (other than their own); that's how their price match policy is written.

As an aside, how do you get it for $119 from Wirefly? I see $149.99. What's the trick?

/Kevin

mp35789

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I pre ordered mine through Best Buy just a little bit ago and talked to a rep on the phone who told me to disregard their expected delivery dates and that they wouldn't be able to ship it until the release date. Although, yesterday when i talked to a rep about the pre order and asked them if they were actually allowed to ship the phones before sprints release date, they stated that they'd be shipped as soon as they receive them. Still not sure what to believe :/ Anyone else have any info from/about best buy pre orders and shipments?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Sprint says that the only way to get delivery before they are available in stores is to preorder on the Sprint web site. Best Buy is a store.

mp35789

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Sprint says that the only way to get delivery before they are available in stores is to preorder on the Sprint web site. Best Buy is a store.
lol i talked to sprint also about this and they told me that if they receive the shipment of phones before sprint does then they can ship them out as they please

Kurt85

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Its a friends & family discount - there is a separate thread for it.

I don't believe Best Buy matches against Wirefly or any other web site (other than their own); that's how their price match policy is written.

As an aside, how do you get it for $119 from Wirefly? I see $149.99. What's the trick?

/Kevin

xberserker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Never bought or pre-ordered a phone through Best Buy before. I have a corporate discount, would I still be ok pre-ordering with Best Buy? Don't want to mess up my discount.

yoshi351

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having problems going through the credit application process through BB? I done it like 5 times and it says unable to process. I called BB mobile and they said sprints credit application is down? But when I call sprint they said I was approved. :mad: I prefer BB to preorder the phone b/c of their insurance and other good stuff.

andi22

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a corporate discount for my monthly charges, too. I still pre-ordered through Best Buy. Unless you receive some sort of discount on the device itself through your company, I'd see no reason not to pre-order, especially if you can take advantage of the 50/50 and if you grabbed the phone freedom reservation dealie in February from BB...

LikeAChampion3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth, I just spoke with BBM rep on the phone and asked about the backorder status of my order. The good news is that it is "backordered" only because the phone isn't out yet and they cannot ship it right away...it might as well say "shipment pending release of device".

The bad news is that she was adamant that the phones will not ship until the 18th, meaning that it will not arrive until sometime the following week. I've never pre-ordered online (did it in person through RS for the OG Evo) before this, but it is pretty disappointing thus far. Don't see the point in pre-ordering if I won't have the phone until days after the release date.

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I preordered in store (prob the 1st person at the central austin best buy) on Monday and just got an update email saying "confirming store inventory"

i assume that means, that as long as they send any stock to my location i preordered at, then i should get it.