Best Buy refunded money after pre-ordering

icellphones32

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I paid in full from bestbuy.com on the first preorder day, money came out and got confirmation email. Today I see all the money back in my account.....no cancelation email. Do I still have it preordered or what's the deal?

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bestbuy Refunded my money!?

They may have charged the card and reversed the charge to make sure the payment on file has the ability to cover the cost.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bestbuy Refunded my money!?

Money never came out. That was a temporary hold. This is normal for most retail places and preorders.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I paid in full from bestbuy.com on the first preorder day, money came out and got confirmation email. Today I see all the money back in my account.....no cancelation email. Do I still have it preordered or what's the deal?

I would double check with the bank to be sure.

tshirttan408

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

May not related at all but I pre ordered here in the UK (on EE) and my order was cancelled down to order numbers. Not sure if that was on the Samsung side or my provider but apparently the numbers were wrong so had to swap around for me. Understand you've gone direct but could be for a similar reason?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
They soft charged it, then once it ships they'll charge it off. Happens whenever I use BB and Verizon.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Like said above, they usually do a pre authorization to make sure that the card is chargeable. It should fall off within a few days to a week. The official charge will come later

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I canceled my original Best Buy order because I wanted to order a different color of the phone. Shortly after I canceled, I received an email from Best Buy telling me that the cancellation had gone through.I also received an email from my carrier, Verizon, telling me that the cancellation was complete. If you haven't received a cancellation message, you're probably fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87