Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
your halos look fatter then mine. I still have the first Zagg on the phone. I have another Zagg and the Alpha glass just sitting here collecting dust.

Does that Tech 21 have the elongated opening for Verizon?
It appears so.

Sent not from just an oversized phone but my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Goosty

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Still with the revised version there is a halo on both sides. Not terrible but it's there. Besides that there is no difference between the tempered glass and the regular glass. Clear, smooth and fluid. SPEN works flawlessly too. I probably will just keep it on unless it starts to really get to me.

How many tries did it take to put it on before you were satisfied with the alignment? It seems like the halo gets more pronounced the more times you lift it up.

Posted via the Android Central App

Goosty

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
The other question is should I try the zero lemon or mybat first on my white at&t note?

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Since no one is answering my thread about this: has anyone tried the Rhino Shield yet? (For this, or any other phone.)

To me it sounds like it'd be in-between a glass and plastic screen protector and would hopefully provide the protection of glass, with the fit of plastic?

http://www.evolutivelabs.com/pages/rhinoshield

I'm also wondering how the S Pen would perform with it and how'd it feel?

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
The other question is should I try the zero lemon or mybat first on my white at&t note?

ZeroLemon. Amazon seller Fenix select does prime shipping and has the newer version.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
It appears so.

Can you put up a picture showing the bottom (charge port area) and back of the Tech 21 case with the phone inside? Thanks.

Does your Zagg have the halo along the top by the earpiece front camera?

Goosty

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
ZeroLemon. Amazon seller Fenix select does prime shipping and has the newer version.

I just got the zero lemon from Fenix select delivered yesterday. Just wondering how I know if it's the updated version? Also Keyz could you let us know with pics where to position the tape when installing? Thanks

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I just got the zero lemon from Fenix select delivered yesterday. Just wondering how I know if it's the updated version? Also Keyz could you let us know with pics where to position the tape when installing? Thanks

The new one will have a rounded cutout for the home button and the old one will be square and long at the bottom.

1. On the tape you want to dry fit it first to see how its gonna lie.
2. Then put a piece of tape literally about a hair wide to the right of that along the right side.
3. Realign the protector along your right edge and align the top so the top edge of the protector is just high enough you can see the whole ff camera cutout under the protector.
4. Then put a piece across the bottom to mark that. Now you have a guide of sorts.
5. Clean screen careful not to transfer tape adhesive to screen.
6. Use your tape as your guide, and drip it down.
7. Peel up tape and cross your fingers.

Worse case scenario, you're off a little bit just try it again, but make sure it clean before you lift up because it will suck in anything that's around when you do. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Goosty

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the help Keyz. I went just a hair too low on first and only attempt with the zerolemon. The very top of a image of a selfie looks a little blurry. I was too afraid to lift it up and risk getting dirt underneath. Just gonna live with it for now. Little halo on the left side. Not bad tho I've seen worse.

Attachments

• 4063.jpg
    4063.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 4064.jpg
    4064.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 145

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help Keyz. I went just a hair too low on first and only attempt with the zerolemon. The very top of a image of a selfie looks a little blurry. I was too afraid to lift it up and risk getting dirt underneath. Just gonna live with it for now. Little halo on the left side. Not bad tho I've seen worse.

Yeah they're tough to get perfect. Just looking at the home button cutout you can see your a smidge left of center. An adjustment should get you there. Agree on the seen worse part. This is the best so far for me and I've tried almost all of them.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the original zerolemon and I really don't have anything bad to say about it. People do not like the glass over the selfie camera lens but I just don't see a practical effect from it. Selfies look fine. Thing has a halo particularly since it is much larger than the current version. However the thing has not budged since the day I installed it and the halo is no larger today than it was that day. Has been fine the entire time. I completely understand the design direction they have taken going smaller. Not sure it really matters one way or the other.

What I really notice is that it appears to be as fingerprint resistant as any glass protector I have seen.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Popped the screen protector out of the Otterbox Defender and the case fits fine with the Zagg glass and covers my top halo. If only the Zagg was on a little lower, all would be fine. :-\
Still have a second Zagg and the Alpha glass collecting dust. :p

View attachment 156269

Just worry about the hard plastic interior of the defender scratching the painted sides of the Note 4. :(
Don't think I'll leave the phone in there too long.

Last edited:

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Iloome Screen mate flex 8H on black T-Mobile. Halo free. The two left and bottom right corners aren't completely adhered but it's an extremely small amount. Very hard to see unless your looking for it. Only been two days, but the corners are actually laying better as time goes on... YMMV. This is just my result.

Impressions:

Looks - great! Larger than the small tempered glasses that are halo free. Crystal clear and no adhesive border like the ZeroLemon (previous favorite) or Supershieldz. Looking straight on, you can hardly tell it's there.

Install - just as easy as the other tempered glasses. Its thinner so you have to take a little more care, but some basic process. Requires a little squeegeeing but was easy with the supplied card and cloth.

Feel - someone coming from plastic will love it, coming from a ZeroLemon or mybat, it won't feel the same. Not bad by any means just not as slick. Added five coats of rain-x and now it's pretty dang close.

Overall, this is my new protector till something better comes along. Something to note® 😆 is the corners while barely noticeably on my black model, would be completely unnoticeable on a white model. I'll post some updated pictures in a week or so to show how it's holding up.

1474ce9c5d77a04ccc8d00edb960566f.jpg
89c23e3b5c8e91691443d62a64d94907.jpg
a5874db3d210c3a82e4a5d1a56c514fb.jpg

Goosty

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Keyz, if tempered glass screen protectors were a stock traded on the NYSE you would be the majority shareholder. Lol

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Iloome Screen mate flex 8H on black T-Mobile. Halo free. The two left and bottom right corners aren't completely adhered but it's an extremely small amount. Very hard to see unless your looking for it. Only been two days, but the corners are actually laying better as time goes on... YMMV. This is just my result.

Impressions:

Looks - great! Larger than the small tempered glasses that are halo free. Crystal clear and no adhesive border like the ZeroLemon (previous favorite) or Supershieldz. Looking straight on, you can hardly tell it's there.

Install - just as easy as the other tempered glasses. Its thinner so you have to take a little more care, but some basic process. Requires a little squeegeeing but was easy with the supplied card and cloth.

Feel - someone coming from plastic will love it, coming from a ZeroLemon or mybat, it won't feel the same. Not bad by any means just not as slick. Added five coats of rain-x and now it's pretty dang close.

Overall, this is my new protector till something better comes along. Something to note® 😆 is the corners while barely noticeably on my black model, would be completely unnoticeable on a white model. I'll post some updated pictures in a week or so to show how it's holding up.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/22/1474ce9c5d77a04ccc8d00edb960566f.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/22/89c23e3b5c8e91691443d62a64d94907.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/22/a5874db3d210c3a82e4a5d1a56c514fb.jpg

Thanks for this! I've had this in my cart on amazon for a while, hesitant to pull the trigger, but also satisfied with my spigen crystal that I have. They're not bad for what they are and the price. Think after your review I'll go ahead and order the iloome.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

No cutouts, right?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I went with the BodyGuardz. The rep at AT&T applied it and got a single little piece of dust under it. I'm seeing if I can live with that. Otherwise, it's fantastic.

from the IV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC