Best S21 cases. Which one(s) are you getting?

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Samsung Silicone Black Case (free with the pre-order offers). I wanted something simple, not too bulky, and had a slight rubbery grip. This case seems to satisfy all of those requirements. My phone now lays flush to a tabletop and doesn't rock because of the camera bump. The only negative I see is that it an pickup some lint from my pants pocket.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The leather case is slick and being a narrower phone than my iPhone it’s causing me anxiety trying to use the phone as it feels dangerously unstable in the hand. I’ll keep looking for other options.

resn80101

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Agree with Samsung leather case assessment. It's definitely slick. Already dropped upon first use but luckily on carpet.

Samsung silicon case feels way more grippy yet it's too bulky for my liking.

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
The leather case is slick and being a narrower phone than my iPhone it’s causing me anxiety trying to use the phone as it feels dangerously unstable in the hand. I’ll keep looking for other options.
Do you have Samsung Leather case? I got it for my S21 Ultra and the volume buttons do not work. Volume goes to max as soon as i put it on. Do you have same issue?

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Do you have Samsung Leather case? I got it for my S21 Ultra and the volume buttons do not work. Volume goes to max as soon as i put it on. Do you have same issue?

I do have the Samsung and the buttons are fine. Never had that issue. It's really nice, just very slippery.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried out Bare Naked cases? https://www.bare-cases.com/products/bare-naked-for-galaxy-s21-s21-s21-ultra?variant=33055386632226

For the past few years I've got with Spigen Rugged Armor because it's not very bulky but still gives good protection. This year for the S21 the lip on the case is raised too much for my liking. I usually do a glass screen protector with a flat phone so I was thinking I might be fine with the Bare Naked case seeing as the back is not glass either?

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone tried out Bare Naked cases? https://www.bare-cases.com/products/bare-naked-for-galaxy-s21-s21-s21-ultra?variant=33055386632226

For the past few years I've got with Spigen Rugged Armor because it's not very bulky but still gives good protection. This year for the S21 the lip on the case is raised too much for my liking. I usually do a glass screen protector with a flat phone so I was thinking I might be fine with the Bare Naked case seeing as the back is not glass either?
See, if you want something minimal with some protection, try the Later Case. I love the feel of it.

mhw100

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Agree with Samsung leather case assessment. It's definitely slick. Already dropped upon first use but luckily on carpet.

Samsung silicon case feels way more grippy yet it's too bulky for my liking.

Same here. Almost thinking of just not using one until the later case comes out

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
i've asked elsewhere but would like to see if there are additional alternatives please:

may i please ask how i would get a Popsocket onto the back of the phone (S21 Ultra)? the back is a frosted glass that's coated with some water-phobic coating and the Popsocket won't stick to it!! due to a hand surgery that i had, i really must use a Popsocket in order to help me hold it without straining my hand.

one solution a good guy came up with is the Otter+Popsocket, which is actually a product name (including the + sign). it is made by Otterbox and it has the Popsocket built-in. it's $60.

another alternative might be to put on a Samsung clear plastic case or the Samsung silicone case (i usually don't use cases so i want this situation to fit very well), and then attaching the Popsocket to the caseback of the case itself. i like no case typically so in this situation, i'd appreciate the most minimal case available, rather than a clunky fat case please.

what might be some pros and cons of doing the above versus getting the "Otter+Popsocket" with the Popsocket built INTO the Otterbox's back please?

as a non-case user (never put a case on my phones), i have no experience with this.

thank you all in advance.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
With my Samsung pre-order credits I got the black leather one, the clear slim cover, and the black silicon one.

I ordered the leather, the clear kickstand and the silicone gray.

* The leather one does not have any raised edge on the front of the phone, so laying it face down means the screen actually touches the tabletop surface. This isn't okay.

* The silicone has a slightly raised edge, but it's very thin and I'm a little concerned about drop protection

* The clear kickstand case seems to offer the most protection, with a decent raised edge in front and a thicker, more resilient material. The only problem is the kickstand portion sticks out quite a bit. It's beefy and strong, but likely to catch on your clothing when you put it in your pocket and the phone does not lay flat on a table surface.

Piggy winks

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Best S21 cases

Maybe you're thinking of the otterbox commuter? The commuter offers a little bit more protection than the symmetry. I prefer the commuter because most of the back is hard plastic which allows it to slide in and out of pants pockets a little easier than a rubberized back.

The one issue with the commuter is the plastic shell will crack around the charge port if the phone is dropped. Pretty pathetic that otterbox hasn't improved their plastic to be more resilient to this issue.
I loved the commuter back in the day. Now I get the Spigen Tough Armor, which is similar but cheaper.

the S21 is going to my wife, so we ordered the Otterbox Commuter for her. Wanted the Teal Symmetry one, but not certain how it would hold up, as we prefer the hard shell combo.

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
i've asked elsewhere but would like to see if there are additional alternatives please:

may i please ask how i would get a Popsocket onto the back of the phone (S21 Ultra)? the back is a frosted glass that's coated with some water-phobic coating and the Popsocket won't stick to it!! due to a hand surgery that i had, i really must use a Popsocket in order to help me hold it without straining my hand.

one solution a good guy came up with is the Otter+Popsocket, which is actually a product name (including the + sign). it is made by Otterbox and it has the Popsocket built-in. it's $60.

another alternative might be to put on a Samsung clear plastic case or the Samsung silicone case (i usually don't use cases so i want this situation to fit very well), and then attaching the Popsocket to the caseback of the case itself. i like no case typically so in this situation, i'd appreciate the most minimal case available, rather than a clunky fat case please.

what might be some pros and cons of doing the above versus getting the "Otter+Popsocket" with the Popsocket built INTO the Otterbox's back please?

as a non-case user (never put a case on my phones), i have no experience with this.

thank you all in advance.
I've used the pop case for almost a year now and love it. It might work great for you (and protect your phone as an added bonus!)Screenshot_20210124-153811_Chrome.jpg

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
I ordered the leather, the clear kickstand and the silicone gray.

* The leather one does not have any raised edge on the front of the phone, so laying it face down means the screen actually touches the tabletop surface. This isn't okay.

* The silicone has a slightly raised edge, but it's very thin and I'm a little concerned about drop protection

* The clear kickstand case seems to offer the most protection, with a decent raised edge in front and a thicker, more resilient material. The only problem is the kickstand portion sticks out quite a bit. It's beefy and strong, but likely to catch on your clothing when you put it in your pocket and the phone does not lay flat on a table surface.
The leather has top and bottom raised, so screen will not touch the bottom.

Is Samsung silicone that thin?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbledore