Biometrics update rolling out

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
That's called passing the buck. I'm surprised they didn't tell you to send the phone in, or you have to return it for a refund and reorder one. US Cellular isn't going to be able to fix it, but maybe they will exchange it

I'm thinking I might try a FDR before going to my USC store (can't go until tomorrow anyway). Used SmartSwitch to just do a full backup of my phone in preparation. Seems drastic, but nothing else seems to work.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Just got off a chat with Samsung support, and tried installing in Safe Mode. Still unable to install the update. Support suggested going to my US Cellular store for help. Not sure what they're going to be able to do
Absolutely nothing. He was just getting you off his line because he had nothing.

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Absolutely nothing. He was just getting you off his line because he had nothing.

Talked to US Cellular support, and sounds like a FDR is in my future. If that fails then need to return phone for a replacement. Had issues with my S7 and was on 4th phone. Really didn't want to do this on my S10+

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Talked to US Cellular support, and sounds like a FDR is in my future. If that fails then need to return phone for a replacement. Had issues with my S7 and was on 4th phone. Really didn't want to do this on my S10+
Your carrier will always tell you to do a FDR on things like this before they do anything, and they now can see when your last FDR was, so you can't even lie about doing one now.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I feel for you. It's a frustrating place to be when you need to turn to Samsung or your carrier for an issue like this. Typically, neither is a painless process.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm on Spectrum Mobile and I got mine yesterday. No checking. Just popped up during the day. Also go the major 500Mb update a few days ago.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone with a Verizon phone received this update yet?
I'm on US unlocked model with Verizon sim, haven't received it yet. On Reddit I have seen people with US unlocked model receive it. I'm not sure if it's based on what carrier you are on. But who knows what algorithm they are using for their staggered update.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I got mine last night. The FPS is working well. But, I know I have good days and days when it is terrible, so I'll wait a week before forming a real opinion.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
OK, so deleting my fingerprint data and adding it back after the update has definitely helped. I recommend doing that for sure.
Wow, no kidding. I just deleted and re-added my fingerprint and it is noticiably faster. Mine was working well before but it's even better now. +1 for deleting and re-adding your fingerprint aftet the update. I didn't really notice a difference until I did that.