Biometrics update rolling out

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
People saying fingerprint scanner is trash. In reality it is better than P30 pro. P30 pro is Faster but failed to register my dry thumb whereas s10+ did get unlocked.also, removing the stock svreen protector made a difference for me.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Just got it with my Verizon Unlock S10+. To me no real difference but I have not been having problems with my FPS.
I got my update this morning. My FPS always worked. I did notice a difference for me, it seems that I don't have to touch it near as hard or long, it is quicker, specially from the AOD screen. For my passwords, it seems a slight touch is all it takes now, I don't have to press and hold like before. I'll keep testing and report back if I see any differences.

Edit.. Response to of having to light the screen up in AOD to unlock the phone. I never light the screen up to use the FPS. I do it from the dark screen, it took practice to learn where to touch, but it always worked for me. My fingers are not wet, dry as a bone. I have issues if my fingers are wet.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I got my update this morning. My FPS always worked. I did notice a difference for me, it seems that I don't have to touch it near as hard or long, it is quicker, specially from the AOD screen. For my passwords, it seems a slight touch is all it takes now, I don't have to press and hold like before. I'll keep testing and report back if I see any differences.

Edit.. Response to of having to light the screen up in AOD to unlock the phone. I never light the screen up to use the FPS. I do it from the dark screen, it took practice to learn where to touch, but it always worked for me. My fingers are not wet, dry as a bone. I have issues if my fingers are wet.

What carrier you got?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
People saying fingerprint scanner is trash. In reality it is better than P30 pro. P30 pro is Faster but failed to register my dry thumb whereas s10+ did get unlocked.also, removing the stock svreen protector made a difference for me.

I'm very happy with FPS. There are probably a variety of reasons some are having issues. Registering prints properly is probably the single best insurance that it works. Patience is the key since this FPS is not very forgiving. I'm sure that in those cases where nothing seems to work there are some with hardware issues.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and nothing yet, but I'm actually not having any issues with the FPS. Any improvement is welcome, but it's completely functional for me right now.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just got the update, initially didn't notice any difference so re-register.. it's faster ! I
didn't have issue from beginning but its definitely faster.

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
I got mine from Verizon. Unfortunately for me the fps sucked before and still sucks :( I've reregistered it a few times to no avail.

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Got the March Android update and then biometric update, which successfully installed this time. Haven't had a chance to update prints yet or try again. US Cellular

Last edited:

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I feel like I need to add the weekly reminder that one update isn't going to magically fix everyone's FPS issues. I remember owning the iPhone X, and it took a series of updates over several months to get that thing(Face ID) working as well as it does today, consistently and in low light situations.

And that was a similar case where some people didn't have issues at all, and others had major consistency issues.

djlee0314

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Got my update on my T-Mobile S10+ this morning. Rebooted phone after update and re-registered my fingerprints. Was worried at first because it kept saying "press harder" when registering my fingerprints after update but once registered, I definitely feel as though the unlock itself is quicker. I didn't have too many problems before update but feel as though it's much smoother now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23