Bionic Lapdock / Data Plan Question

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
After another exceptionally bad experience with AT&T support I am seriously considering a switch to the Bionic on VZW (from my Atrix).

I'm finding conflicting information - from the VZW store salesperson versus some of the information online, and the VZW site itself either isn't clear or I haven't been able to find the info. Does the Lapdock require an additional tethering/hotspot package to use on VZW with the Bionic?

On AT&T they have a ridiculous requirement for a tethering plan to fully use the lapdock, and I'm trying to figure out if that's a requirement on VZW as well.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
After another exceptionally bad experience with AT&T support I am seriously considering a switch to the Bionic on VZW (from my Atrix).

I'm finding conflicting information - from the VZW store salesperson versus some of the information online, and the VZW site itself either isn't clear or I haven't been able to find the info. Does the Lapdock require an additional tethering/hotspot package to use on VZW with the Bionic?

On AT&T they have a ridiculous requirement for a tethering plan to fully use the lapdock, and I'm trying to figure out if that's a requirement on VZW as well.

100 percent guarantee that there is no tethering plan required to use the lapdock on verizon's network. They treat it just like an accessory, like they should.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
100 percent guarantee that there is no tethering plan required to use the lapdock on verizon's network. They treat it just like an accessory, like they should.

Great, thanks. Wanted to be sure since I had read that on a couple of sites but the salesperson maintained one was required.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Great, thanks. Wanted to be sure since I had read that on a couple of sites but the salesperson maintained one was required.

Yeah, I heard that too. You do not even need to be a verizon customer to walk into a store and purchase the lapdock. Any other answer from a rep is wrong :)

choop

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Just double checking one last time before I have my wife get this for me for father's day. This will work with the standard $29 unlimited data plan that I'm already paying for? No extra data fee to use the lapdock?

So essentially I get a laptop with internet connectivity anywhere for the one time price of the lapdock?

If this is true, it's a NO BRAINER!!

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Just double checking one last time before I have my wife get this for me for father's day. This will work with the standard $29 unlimited data plan that I'm already paying for? No extra data fee to use the lapdock?

So essentially I get a laptop with internet connectivity anywhere for the one time price of the lapdock?

If this is true, it's a NO BRAINER!!

Yes, your existing $29 unlimited data plan will cover all you need. No tethering, no added fees, no nothing is needed! Just buy the LapDock, plug it in, and enjoy. In fact I'm typing this response from my LapDock!

Frankly this is one of the things that VZW has gotten clearly right where AT&T got it so desperately stupidly horribly wrong wrong wrong! Now if only VZW would get the clue about the up-your-arseware and unremovable bookmarks.