Bluetooth audio lagging bad! Is there a fix?

guitarpete987

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I made the jump to the S7 from a long history of HTC phones and I have to say I love everything about this phone. It's really pretty close to the perfect smartphone. The only thing I miss are the front spacing speakers from my M9.

But the only thing that is just DESTROYING my love for this thing and has me almost ready to take it back is the horrendous Bluetooth audio lag when watching video.

Is it REALLY this bad? I tried it with my Jam Transit headphones, my various Bluetooth speakers, and even my Amazon Echo, and the video and audio are out or sync with all of them. YouTube and Netflix are what I use most for streaming video on my phone, and it affects both.

Is there no fix? I've scoured the Internet and it seems like no one has any answers! I can't live like this after having smartphones with perfect or at least acceptable sync conditions for years already. I thought this thing was cutting edge.

Please help me someone!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Start the video playing. Stop it immediately. Start it again. Did that fix the lag? (There's no synchronization between Bluetooth and video.)

guitarpete987

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Nobody else has this problem? Really? Sadly, the best answer Samsung support could give me was that I wasn't using Samsung branded headphones and that there could be compatibility issues with devices from other manufacturers.

😕

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Nobody else has this problem? Really? Sadly, the best answer Samsung support could give me was that I wasn't using Samsung branded headphones and that there could be compatibility issues with devices from other manufacturers.

😕
Well that's the only reason they could give especially since they want to sell you headphones. However there is some truth in this. It could simply be an incompatibility issue.

guitarpete987

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I suppose. Still, as much as I love the phone overall I guess I should have stuck with HTC if I wanted to enjoy everything without compromise on my OWN terms and not theirs. Kinda like the volume control warning. If I want to go deaf I would like to do it without being reminded every time, dang it!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this before with Samsung phones. I never did find a solution to it with Samsung devices. I always suspected that it's a Touch wiz limitation because my Nexus 6P doesn't have this issue.

guitarpete987

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I've come to realize it is probably a TouchWiz thing. Sucks but I guess it's not the end of the world.

I bought the Gear Circle headphones. Guess what, IT STILL DOES IT.

bingo0080

Nov 8, 2017
Visit site
I made the jump to the S7 from a long history of HTC phones and I have to say I love everything about this phone. It's really pretty close to the perfect smartphone. The only thing I miss are the front spacing speakers from my M9.

But the only thing that is just DESTROYING my love for this thing and has me almost ready to take it back is the horrendous Bluetooth audio lag when watching video.

Is it REALLY this bad? I tried it with my Jam Transit headphones, my various Bluetooth speakers, and even my Amazon Echo, and the video and audio are out or sync with all of them. YouTube and Netflix are what I use most for streaming video on my phone, and it affects both.

Is there no fix? I've scoured the Internet and it seems like no one has any answers! I can't live like this after having smartphones with perfect or at least acceptable sync conditions for years already. I thought this thing was cutting edge.

Please help me someone!

turn off GPS and turn off 'nearby device scanning' on settings->connections->more connection settings

read this
https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...h-audio-headphone-controller.html#post6059881

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman