Bluetooth draining battery? But its not on?. confused!

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys! New here… just signed up after lurking for what seemed like forever. Trying to figure out my wife's Samsung Note (1). It is having some major battery issues and I have been trying to search around the forum to rectify them. I have done a couple of things and we are keeping our fingers crossed. First off, after downloading CPUSpy, we are ONLY running in 1512 mhz. No deep sleep and no other bars filled. Also, when checking what is causing battery drain, the number one culprit is "Bluetooth" at 40% drain. I have checked and bluetooth is not switched on. We have never connected a bluetooth device in the life of the phone (1.5 yrs). I can find a bunch of topics about not being able to turn bluetooth on, but barely any about switching it off (when the setting already says off). I was going to try to root the phone so I can tweak the CPU speed and see if that would help. I am not 100% confident in doing so as it seems quite complicated and I really don't want to mess anything up. We are losing about 70% battery in an hour or so. Thats with little to no usage. I just can't seem to see what is draining it so bad. Is the next step a factory reset?

Thank you guys in advance and thanks for all of the help so far (through my lurking). We appreciate any help you can give! Not sure I posted in the right section… my apologies in advance if its wrong!

Samsung Galaxy Note SGH - i717 with Jellybean 4.1.2 (newly updated from 4.0.4)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Maybe trying to clear cache in recovery? There may be some cached data that is causing a conflict. As for how to on your device I am not sure how, but I can post a possible method in a moment.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
ok perfect. will read through. Would the factory reset essentially do the same thing? I have deleted all cache in all of those downloaded apps etc "All in one Toolbox", Android Tuner Etc. Will check this out though. Thank you SO much for the response.

Pete

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
ok perfect. will read through. Would the factory reset essentially do the same thing? I have deleted all cache in all of those downloaded apps etc "All in one Toolbox", Android Tuner Etc. Will check this out though. Thank you SO much for the response.

Pete

Theoretically, a reset does it, but I have seen instances where it doesn't get everything for whatever reason.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Perfect guys. Did the cache clean up from recovery and it seems to have at least removed the whole bluetooth drain. Will keep an eye. Thanks again guys!!

Pete

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Perfect guys. Did the cache clean up from recovery and it seems to have at least removed the whole bluetooth drain. Will keep an eye. Thanks again guys!!

Pete

Hope everything works out. By the way, is your screen name a reference to K-Pax?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Hope everything works out. By the way, is your screen name a reference to K-Pax?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

lol nope. although it was on TV the other day. maybe sub consciously it was! Anyways... battery life seems to be improving but it is a work in progress. Now looking for a 1-2A charger for the car and my wife will be happy! Keeping an eye on the drains etc and doing cache clean ups through recovery. Really trying to avoid a factory reset.. may be a good idea though.

Thanks again guys for your help. Love the internet!

Pete

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
lol nope. although it was on TV the other day. maybe sub consciously it was! Anyways... battery life seems to be improving but it is a work in progress. Now looking for a 1-2A charger for the car and my wife will be happy! Keeping an eye on the drains etc and doing cache clean ups through recovery. Really trying to avoid a factory reset.. may be a good idea though.

Thanks again guys for your help. Love the internet!

Pete

Well, if it is a 1st gen Note with the original battery, the battery may just be showing it's age. You could consider seeing if a replacement battery is available, and worth the cost, as opposed to if you are considering upgrading, then the battery is irrelevant.

A factory reset may not be a bad idea anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shao61