Bluetooth Issues after 5.0.2

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
US version is Cellular South if you only want US for future upgrade firmware.
CSC P900XAR1COF4, XAR code is North America.

Like SM-P9000ZWKVXAR is a black model, 32GB Galaxy Note Pro sold in US.

Last edited:

Alleycatgirl

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I've been watching this forum for days hoping to get any information on this. I've also been writing to Samsung Support through Facebook. They have repeatedly told me a fix was being worked on and would be soon. However, today this is the reply I got. Please keep in mind that I bought the Logitech keyboard at the time of buying the 12.2 Note Prop and my sister purchased the tablet and keyboard at the same time. The Logitech keyboard was strongly encouraged as the keyboard of choice by the Samsung Employee who sold them to us in Best Buy. Additionally, my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse does not work, nor does another Bluetooth keyboard that I've had for a few years. This is their response today....

The information we have received is in regards to Logitech. We have been advised that support is only guaranteed to KitKat 4.4 at the time the device is released. Therefore, there is no guarantee that future operating systems will be compatible. For more information, you can review this link: (it won't let me put the link here so I removed but it's Logitech product page they linked). It is believed to be a similar issue with the other keyboard and mouse. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Alleycatgirl

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Another update from Samsung support -
Samsung is still looking into the situation. However, I would be unable to speculate on the release of future updates.

Question for you all....let's say I want to go back to KitKat or factory reset. Will the Bluetooth ability be restored? I believe I read that it would not. If not, would the KitKat version downloaded from Sammobile restore the Bluetooth capability?

Thanks for advice.

SAXNE1

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Ihave been watching the information as well and am amaxed and impressed at the lengths folks have been able to go to get the bluetooth fuctionality to work.
OK Samsung screwed up no doubt but what you folks have done and reccomend has been impressive!
I have read of folks going through this in one fasion or antoher and get the functionlity they needed to work. Even for the Airturn foot pedal (which is my concern).
Itook a less technical approach and will provide it here.
I demanded that Samsung fix this as a manufacturers defect and to either: Give me my money back, Exchange my unit for one with kitkat still installed, or reimage the device.
They chose the third option.
Please see my previous psot for a ticket number and please feel free to use that as a reference. They did it for me they should be able to do it for you. Be persistent.
The process took a week from the day I sent it to the day I got it back.
Samsung provided outstanding communications via the web or the Samsung I CARE (yeah that is the name of it - Ironic) app. And they paid for shipping (both ways).
This is a different option. Look to the experts on this other method of reimaging yourself.
Options are good.
Ciao and good luck.

Posted via the Android Central App

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Question for you all....let's say I want to go back to KitKat or factory reset. Will the Bluetooth ability be restored? I believe I read that it would not. If not, would the KitKat version downloaded from Sammobile restore the Bluetooth capability?

Thanks for advice.
You have two options:
1/ Flash the Korean over US version if wanting to keep Lollipop.
2/ Flash back to US Kitkat 4.42, it works before anyone upgrade to Lollipop, there's no reason it doesn't now. Many users here choose this option.
It takes only 4 minutes to do it via Odin if you don't want your tablets takes a round trip of at least 7 days to do the same thing.

mer67

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Question for you all....let's say I want to go back to KitKat or factory reset. Will the Bluetooth ability be restored? [...] If not, would the KitKat version downloaded from Sammobile restore the Bluetooth capability?

Beut is pretty much correct. Once you've downloaded and installed OS 5.0.2, a simple factory restore from the tablet's built-in menu (or from the boot-time menu) will simply wipe your app data and restore the tablet to an out-of-the-box-like condition, except that in this case, it will still be at 5.0.2, and bluetooth will still not work.

The only ways back to 4.4.2 will be to:
(1) download the NK1 version of the OS from sammobile and install it, or
(2) you can do the return-to-Samsung method described earlier in this thread to get 4.4.2 back.

Whatever way you get to 4.4.2, you'll have bluetooth working again.

Once Samsung gets its act together, the next OS will hopefully be 5.x.x and bluetooth will work.

We'll see. :confused:

Alleycatgirl

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi again - I should have mentioned I am in Canada, not U.S. Anyway, I took the tablet and keyboards and mouse into Best Buy tonight and went to the Samsung Booth where I bought it and talked to the Samsung employee with the Samsung embroidered shirt - of course this was the first he heard of this problem. He had absolutely no advice or ideas other than to talk to the Geek Squad because I have an extended warranty and ask them if it would be okay to flash back to an earlier version. They said it would void my warranty but they did suggest taking it directly to the Samsung store and requesting them to put it back to KitKat with Bluetooth working. I think I will go this route because I really don't want to take any chances. It's so hard to believe that a company like Samsung seems to just not care and continues to skirt the issue. Hopefully, they will do this without issue and I'll have it back in a week.

SAXNE1

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I called the Samsung help desk and delt directly with them. They arranged for shipping and Like I said took 7 days.
Keep us informed if the local shop works.
Here in the US Samsung Headquarters is in Dallas, not sure if local Texans have an option there.
Ciao and good luck

ChefyTim

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Agreed, the outlined process worked flawlessly for me and I'm now a happy camper using all my blue tooth devices.

Lollipop from Samsung can wait as I have also turned off updates so I'm not even filling my drives with the downloads.

Tikal769

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Just downloaded an update this morning on my wifi 12.2(im in th us).

I can confirm logitech keyboard is working again as im typing this message with it now!

OKCJLB

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
So happy to hear it's back to working! Although, I managed to not bring my keyboard with me to work today. Guess I'll just have to wait until after work. Is everyone having good luck with the update?
Do we know if it fixed the bluetooth mouse issue as well?
Are there any other fixes worth noting?

Alleycatgirl

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I was ready to go to the Samsung depot this morning but maybe now I'll wait and see if I get the update. Not here yet.

UPDATE - Just spoke to Samsung Canada - they say the update for us will be end of the month. Could be sooner, but by the end of the month for sure they say.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko