Bought S23 Ultra - first Samsung phone in a long time.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Shipped, with trade in for 806.04 with tax. 512 storage - green.
I am interested in the S24 Ultra as the current render leaks highlight. I figure 5 or 6 months with the S23 Ultra will give me time to play and use the stylus. Hate curved screens so the S24 BETTER BE FLAT!!!
I figure with what I paid today, and a good trade in for the S23 Ultra, that I will not lose much $$$$ at all! YMMV
P.S. Forgot to mention I also have a clear case included in this price.

Last edited:

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I might end up waiting to see what the S24 Ultra looks like before I buy one. I was going to get the S23 ultra but something my dad told me years ago when I bought my first car has stuck with me. He told me if this deal falls through, don't get discouraged. You will always be able to buy a car. There will be another opportunity to get one.

Something so simple but anytime I want to jump on the latest sale or deal, this always pops in my head to slow down and reevaluate my motives.

I still want to trade in my Pixel 7 pro on a Samsung phone, but I know that if I can't get one now, another chance will come along that will enable me to.

Sorry if this is off topic. But congrats and enjoy your new phone.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I might end up waiting to see what the S24 Ultra looks like before I buy one. I was going to get the S23 ultra but something my dad told me years ago when I bought my first car has stuck with me. He told me if this deal falls through, don't get discouraged. You will always be able to buy a car. There will be another opportunity to get one.

Something so simple but anytime I want to jump on the latest sale or deal, this always pops in my head to slow down and reevaluate my motives.

I still want to trade in my Pixel 7 pro on a Samsung phone, but I know that if I can't get one now, another chance will come along that will enable me to.

Sorry if this is off topic. But congrats and enjoy your new phone.
Just for your benefit (maybe?) I traded in my Pixel 7 Pro which for me is a great phone...the way I use it! I hope to be able to stop spam calls as good as I can now with the Pixel. Call screening is the BOMB! They offered me 450.00 for the trade. I could have possibly gotten a little more through Swappa but....good enough. I also used my military discount - another 200.00 off. So now I will be at the mercy of Samsung on their trade in offer for the S23U once the 24U drops. Here's hoping!

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to be ordering the Red 512gb S23 Ultra from Samsung. Says it won't arrive until September 15. I'll be trading in my Pixel 7 pro for a total of $650 off.

I'm sure the deals will be slightly better when the S24 Ultra comes out, but who knows if the price will increase and my trade in would probably be less by then. So it's kind of a wash.

I sold my Tab S8 and am currently backing it up using Smart switch on my PC so I can copy things over to the phone when I get it.

I had been debating on the Plus or the Ultra but I think I will be able to get used to the size of the Ultra. I can't currently trade in my Pixel 7 pro to Samsung for the plus which means I'd have to go through Verizon. I'd have to pay for it over 36 months and upgrade my data plan. In the end it's much cheaper and freeing to buy it unlocked from Samsung. Just switching to the Plus through Verizon, it would be more expensive than buying the Ultra from Samsung.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Day two for my new S23U! Loving it so far. Seems a little smoother than the Pixel 7 Pro.
I use an app called "My Blocked" which gives you the ability to export all your blocked phone numbers from the phone app and then import them to the new phone! Works great! SMS Backup and restore gives you the ability to backup/restore call logs and texts but it does not do the blocked numbers - I had over 300!!!! So My Blocked is the way to go if needed. I also use the Performance profile icon to turn on LITE mode vs Standard in the battery settings. It ads a little strange icon when you swipe down. This will give you a little more battery life and cooler temps. Basically it makes the SOC just like the standard 8Gen2 instead of the overclocked one in the S23 series.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Day two for my new S23U! Loving it so far. Seems a little smoother than the Pixel 7 Pro.
I use an app called "My Blocked" which gives you the ability to export all your blocked phone numbers from the phone app and then import them to the new phone! Works great! SMS Backup and restore gives you the ability to backup/restore call logs and texts but it does not do the blocked numbers - I had over 300!!!! So My Blocked is the way to go if needed. I also use the Performance profile icon to turn on LITE mode vs Standard in the battery settings. It ads a little strange icon when you swipe down. This will give you a little more battery life and cooler temps. Basically it makes the SOC just like the standard 8Gen2 instead of the overclocked one in the S23 series.
Glad you're enjoying your phone!!

If you download Good Lock from the Galaxy Store the module QuickStar will allow you to hide the lite profile icon. Good Lock has great modules and is fun for tweaking

Last edited:

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Awesome! I'll keep these things in mind. Seems like they've added quite a few features since the S22. I had the Plus and I don't remember it having those features.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying your phone!!

If you download Good Lock from the Galaxy Store the module QuickStar will allow you to hide the lite profile icon. Good Lock has great modules and is fun for tweaking
I tried that Good Lock app...at least I installed the one called Good Lock although there were a few others named something similar..and what a dumpster fire! Sorry, but this app is far too intrusive for me!

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I tried that Good Lock app...at least I installed the one called Good Lock although there were a few others named something similar..and what a dumpster fire! Sorry, but this app is far too intrusive for me!
Nice and easy don't let the noise distract you ..just get the Quickstar from the Make Up side
12990d019eeb65571dc9d3ad0dd62bab.jpg
05c41a33d3776bf8b19b3d5064730323.jpg
155fb77b3ee43ef239aefd3f70b3f653.jpg

Reactions: J Dubbs and 1raygin