S23 Ultra deals

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I have been seeing so many deals from Samsung recently for the S23 Ultra. The most recent being if I trade in my S21U, I can get 750 for it towards an S23 Ultra. That's more than I paid for my S21U, so that's pretty good. However, I don't have money to spare lol And I don't know if I can really say that it's completely necessary, as my S21U, which I only got a year ago, still works great. I'm pretty happy with it.

I'm not as big of a fan of the boxy nature of the note-style phones. I found that the more rounded corners is easier to hold, and seems to help with scratch resistance. I also don't relish having to make payments on a new 400-500 dollar device when I don't necessarily need to. Any thoughts?

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'd say if you're happy with your S21 ultra, then keep it. If you are planning on always paying a monthly payment on a phone, then maybe it makes sense to upgrade. I always budget for a monthly payment on a phone, so if I can get a new phone without having to pay any extra per month, I usually try and get the best that I can afford. I will say, it's probably not the wisest investment given how much money I spend on phones each year. But I use it and rely on it every day and I insist on having the best. That's just the season I'm in right now in my life. I listen to music and podcasts throughout my day and watch a lot of YouTube. I admittedly don't use the cameras as much as I used to when my kids were toddlers. They are now 14 and 11 so I don't spend every minute with them during the day and capturing every cute moment. I would give anything to have better quality photos and videos of them when they were babies and toddlers. I look back and see those pictures and videos, and they are horrendous. That's what we had available and am thankful for them. I will say I have some pictures that I took in 2006 from a point and shoot digital camera, all outdoor pictures, that look way better than the indoor pictures from my S3 and Galaxy Nexus that I had.

I had the S21 ultra and it took some amazing shots. Battery life wasn't the best but it's a great phone. I would say at a minimum, 3 years seems to be a good time to upgrade. So if I were you, I'd wait another 6-12 months if you don't want a monthly payment.

Reactions: Laura Knotek