box.com 50gb of free storage for lg phones

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
How good is the Box app for android? I already have sugarsync (I am up to 15GB just from referrals), which I moved on to from Dropbox.

Edit: File Size limit?
Edit #2: Yes. Even though you get the 50GB. You are still limited to 25MB file sizes for free,
I tried uploading a little ~200MB Movie and could not do it :/

Last edited:

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah and you need to have a paid account to use the Desktop client. That sucks. And yeah 25MB is kinda small. I may stick with Dropbox

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've got 100GB from them from the iOS deal but I never use it due to the file size limit...

---------------------------------
Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Reactions: zires

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot for this tip. I just downloaded Box from market, signed up and got 50 GB.

Played a little with it on the phone and PC. It integrates with google docs for editing on the PC. Other app integrations are available from third parties. On the phone, it integrates beautifully with QuickOffice Pro, which Amazon recently had as free app. Use QuickOffice to browse and open Box files (works better than the other way around).

I'm considering getting an Asus TF, and I think this could be quite valuable there. So thanks again.

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO

csrow

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
How good is the Box app for android? I already have sugarsync (I am up to 15GB just from referrals), which I moved on to from Dropbox.

Edit: File Size limit?
Edit #2: Yes. Even though you get the 50GB. You are still limited to 25MB file sizes for free,
I tried uploading a little ~200MB Movie and could not do it :/

Once the account is upgraded to 50GB, the maximum file size is changed to 1GB. I just uploaded some files 170MB to 200MB in size and it uploaded without any problems from my PC. I haven't tried uploading larger size files from OV yet.

*edit*
Larger size upload from OV works fine too. I just uploaded nandroid back up from my OV and had no problems.

Last edited:

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Once the account is upgraded to 50GB, the maximum file size is changed to 1GB. I just uploaded some files 170MB to 200MB in size and it uploaded without any problems from my PC. I haven't tried uploading larger size files from OV yet.

*edit*
Larger size upload from OV works fine too. I just uploaded nandroid back up from my OV and had no problems.
You are half right, at-least in my experience. My file size limit seem's to be at 100MB. It does say I have 50GB on the website.

You can see these details here: https://www.box.com/settings/account
captureol.jpg

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why there is a difference but on my screen, it shows 1G and I have uploaded many files larger than 100MB so I am not sure what is going on.
Very strange. Can anyone else share what there file size limit is? I also notice your bandwidth says 0. It suggest you have no limit, where as mine is at 10GB (which I would likely never exceed on Virgin Mobile).

Edit: Maybe you are on a 14-day Free Trial to the Business upgrade, which cost $15/m?

Last edited:

csrow

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Very strange. Can anyone else share what there file size limit is? I also notice your bandwidth says 0. It suggest you have no limit, where as mine is at 10GB (which I would likely never exceed on Virgin Mobile).

Edit: Maybe you are on a 14-day Free Trial to the Business upgrade, which cost $15/m?

Ok, I have figured out what is going on. The 100MB limit is correct. I was just lucky to get 1GB limit on my HP account before they changed it. I just created a new account with LG and that does have 100MB limit.

"On the 1GB vs. 100MB upload discrepancy, Levie said in a statement that "From the beginning, the promotion we agreed on with HP was 50GB of free cloud storage, along with a 100MB file size limit for uploads. Due to a misconfiguration on our end, some lucky users received a 1GB limit, and we'll of course continue to honor that for those accounts. We're sorry about any confusion that discrepancy has caused."

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Ah I see. Do you mean LG and not HP? Either way, I think I can work around this 100MB limit. Should be good for music, photo's, apk's, etc.. If I have something larger, like a movie, I will just split it. I love mounting box.net via Windows, and not needing a separate app. Works rather well.