Bricked an Optimus F6, how can I get it fixed?

A

AC Question

Bricked an Optimus F6

Maybe not bricked technically, but I'm out of my depth.

I have a T-Mobile Optimus F6. I rooted it and installed TWRP and Dana some time ago and all was good. I recently upgraded my phone, and before I off-loaded the F6 I wanted to make sure I removed all my personal data. So I used 3C Toolbox to boot into recovery and selected wipe...but I obviously wiped something I shouldn't have. Now I'm stuck in a boot loop...just get the LG logo and the home button cycles through it's colors.

Someone else pointed me to a .kdz download that I think is the stock ROM for this phone. But how can I install that if the phone won't boot?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Bricked an Optimus F6

Maybe not bricked technically, but I'm out of my depth.

I have a T-Mobile Optimus F6. I rooted it and installed TWRP and Dana some time ago and all was good. I recently upgraded my phone, and before I off-loaded the F6 I wanted to make sure I removed all my personal data. So I used 3C Toolbox to boot into recovery and selected wipe...but I obviously wiped something I shouldn't have. Now I'm stuck in a boot loop...just get the LG logo and the home button cycles through it's colors.

Someone else pointed me to a .kdz download that I think is the stock ROM for this phone. But how can I install that if the phone won't boot?

Welcome to Android Central!

Are you able to get in to TWRP still?

Tyler Clifton1

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
if you can get the phone to boot up into recovery you will first need to install a file to your sd card via computer (will have link shortly) then just flash the zip and it should reamove any roms, and fonts youve installed and even root (will have to re-root if you still want su ). and it should work b/c
i have had several phones end up soft bricked/bootlooped and ists saved the every time.
hoped this helps reply results to me if it doesent will do further reaserch and post possible fixes.:)