browser signing in

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Here's my question, why does my browser have to sign in every time I open it? Is there anyway to bypass this or speed it up?

Kuth70

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Change your default page to something that doesn't require a sign in. Google itself will sign you in if you have an account as well as any site that requires a login that you had the browser save the info for.

The advantage is that you get to access google services specific to you (gmail, calendar, docs, reader, etc). The flip side is that most of those are already on your phone.

To be honest the delay isn't that long in my opinion.

There is an alternative though. Download and use Dolphin Browser. I'm using that with google as my home page. It signs me in with no delay. Add to that the fact that its a better browser in many respects.

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Thanks- I tried dolphin on the Eris and I personally liked the stock browser better. I had loved Dolphin on a friend's droid, in fact, I downloaded it for her.
You're right though, it's not a terrible delay, just one I kind of wish i didn't have to wait through, especially considering I'm already signed into everything on the phone already!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae