Bugless Beast Froyo release!

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Got bored and switched from BB v0.2 to Jrummy's Kangerade Froyo rom and this thing is ridiculously fast. Not sure if it's the tweaked ADW launcher that he has as the native launcher in the rom that makes it seem so fast or not but it flies.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
im actually surprised that people are saying kangerade is faster then BB. not saying they are wrong at all. it's just that when i tried kangerade there seemed to be too much extra stuff that was added into it like bells and whistles. BB seemed a little more optimized. thats more or less where the speedier roms get it from. they optimize a lot of files this way it leaves the use with more memory. that's why BoostdScoob's Dominator 3 was so fast for it's time (JIT didn't hurt either haha) but it was smoother because he took out all the extra stuff like apps, certain thing that people really didn't need (though some people wanted that stuff but it was not something the was a necessity). also optimizing the images will help.

if you are looking for a speedy rom, make sure to look and see if the dev has optimized it. though "optimized" seems to be the new word of the day because every dev has been saying it lately. some roms are better than others by default or depending on the device itself.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
@ 800MHz the linpack scores are about the same and kangerade has slightly higher Quadrant and GL Benchmark scores. Even clocked down to 550 or 600, the rom seems smoother on home screen and app drawer transitions and opening/closing apps than Bugless Beast at 800. I played around with the ADW launcher settings on v0.2 and could never get the smoothness that he has it at. Stock kernel seems to run a little warmer than BB though.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
installed 1.8.1.4 and still just boots to Motorola trademark, then reboots to motorola trademark then turns on with no change.

in rom manager, click menu then clear your download cache. next download and flash an older recovery. then repeat with the latest recovery. it will work.

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
thanks. I got it to work by flashing an older recovery then flashing the most updated one. I was then able to flash the Kangerade Rom, which ended up not working so I am back to BB v.01 but going to try kangerade or v.02

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I have stuck with BB v.01 for now because of so many posts I have read with issues running .02. I researched a lot of ROMs today and did not find anything that would do better than .01 on my phone.

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm using 0.2.1 now and everything is groovy...

Except for the pesky (albeit useful) new feature of shutting down via the camera button + power button. No confirmation message = my clumsy A shutting down my droid randomly!! LOL

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm using 0.2.1 now and everything is groovy...

Except for the pesky (albeit useful) new feature of shutting down via the camera button + power button. No confirmation message = my clumsy A shutting down my droid randomly!! LOL

I heard about that. It appears that there might be a fix to that - by removing a particular file.

Tempted to upgrade...

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm still running V0.1 and it's working well, but I'd switch for if it's worth it.

What's the consensus? Is it worth going to V0.2.1?

Also, what are some good kernals to try for OC on this version? It stock OC's to 800, and my battery last way longer than it did even BEFORE I overclocked when I was running plain 2.1. I'd like to try for 1Ghz or even 1.2 if it'll be stable and run cool, more for bragging rights than anything.

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Oooohhhh. If anyone knows what file makes the camera button combo of doom stop when removed, please let me know!

I need this as well, whenever I turn on my screen with my left hand I turn off my phone... very annoying. But I came from CM and so far I am very happy with this. The phone has run a lot cooler (have not gone over 100 F), battery has been better (but I have not done a full day test yet), camera works better, i like the new 2.2 features and it is faster.

Only problem I ran into was installing widgets, they installed to the SD card by default (i think), then after a reboot they would no longer be available, so I just had to move them to the phone memory and everything is great.

But again I would really love a way to turn off the camera/power combo button...

PS: Does anyone know if the HTC keyboard add on in rom manager (esque add ons) work with this? Or some other HTC key board add on? I just have not had the time to test it yet and would like to know.

Thanks

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if there is a fix for the desk clock while docked? When I dock, I can hit the dim button to get to the low light green clock but it only lasts a few seconds and then the brighter full screen comes back.

** nevermind ** looks like ledhack was the problem and is no longer needed in Froyo!

Last edited:

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Oooohhhh. If anyone knows what file makes the camera button combo of doom stop when removed, please let me know!

Taken from Pete's thread on Droidforum:
To Remove These Options Delete /system/bin/shutdown
*Shutdown: hold power & half pressed camera button
*Reboot: hold power & volume down button
*Reboot Recovery: hold power & volume up button

You can do this via astro or root explorer.

Worked great for me...

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Taken from Pete's thread on Droidforum:
To Remove These Options Delete /system/bin/shutdown
*Shutdown: hold power & half pressed camera button
*Reboot: hold power & volume down button
*Reboot Recovery: hold power & volume up button

You can do this via astro or root explorer.

Worked great for me...

Ah thank you very much

dwe28

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This ROM is good but the only thing I don't like is when you download an app, it automatically goes to the SD card which causes it to disappear whenever I mount/dismount the phone. Hopefully Pete makes adjustments to this to make apps go directly to the phone first and then let users switch them to the SD card at will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EcuadorCynthia