Building your own ROM

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
When you pull the vendor files from CM, you're getting all the phones they support, IHO only has the Optimus line in it's vendor repo. You can remove them and take that file back to IHO's contents so you don't have all the other options showing up in your lunch combos.

If you sync the folders we've been discussing, your output file should say 7.2, you may have to edit the thunderc device file to change it from 7.1 in your build id, since the one for our phone is not part of CM's repo (yet).

We like to keep in CM Stats so that they see how many of us use CM on the Optimus V. ;)

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
You are syncing with the ones that match the tree, vendor_lge_thunderc == vendor/lge/thunderc, android_vendor_cyanogen == vendor/cyanogen, android_device_lge_thunderc == device/lge/thunderc, etc. So for example, you cd into vendor/lge/thunderc and type
git pull git://github.com/CyanogenMod/vendor_lge_thunderc.git

Use git status often to see what files have been changed. If the files have >>>>>>head sections added to them, compare the file to what you want it to be (look in the github repository), fix it, then use git add, and once all files are fixed, use git commit -a -m "Fix merge conflict". Once this is done, it is part of your local repository, and will not show up under a repo diff.

Yeah I did get that part down, I was going off the IHO repo and seeing which ones were forked from the CyanogenMod repos

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to merge bobzhome's kernel into my build before I compile it?

couldn't you just copy/paste it into the kernel folder and overwrite the existing files? I forgot where exactly it goes and I'm waiting for my keyboard's batteries to recharge or I'd help more

konspiracy

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
couldn't you just copy/paste it into the kernel folder and overwrite the existing files? I forgot where exactly it goes and I'm waiting for my keyboard's batteries to recharge or I'd help more
Well I did a search for the kernel folder and none of them had the same files as bobzhomes kernel folder.
So I just built my own latest IHO cm7 kang and used a .zip of bob's latest kernel thanks to mrg666.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Like asadulla said, place the zimage, tun.ko, wireless.ko, and cifs.ko files in the device/lge/thunderc/files/kernel/VM670 folder, then build as usual. If you are rebuilding, be sure to delete the boot.im and other kernel related files in the out folder, or use make clean before running make bacon.

Reactions: jdcnosse

konspiracy

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I took a swing at compiling a kernel but I would always receive errors. I dont understand what im doing wrong? I could get it to compile a zimage but it just boot loops.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I took a swing at compiling a kernel but I would always receive errors. I dont understand what im doing wrong? I could get it to compile a zimage but it just boot loops.

bobZ uses a specific config file in his folder, it's in arch/arm/configs somewhere... I don't remember what he said it was named, but it's not a standard device name if I remember right.

try building with thunderc-sprint-perf_defconfig, if that boots you're having a problem with the config.

just like this android building thing, for the longest time I couldn't get a kernel to compile right, and then one day I started getting good results. $DEITY knows why, never could figure out what I'm doing different than when I started.

export DEITY=<your chosen religous archetype> :p

konspiracy

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
bobZ uses a specific config file in his folder, it's in arch/arm/configs somewhere... I don't remember what he said it was named, but it's not a standard device name if I remember right.

try building with thunderc-sprint-perf_defconfig, if that boots you're having a problem with the config.

just like this android building thing, for the longest time I couldn't get a kernel to compile right, and then one day I started getting good results. $DEITY knows why, never could figure out what I'm doing different than when I started.

export DEITY=<your chosen religous archetype> :p
/bin/sh: minigzip: not found
He must be because the config from the device to the blarfs is all the same. I will try to find what config file I am looking for but hopefully bob will see this post and help me out some because I think I almost had us a bfs kernel. [not that it would make a huge difference but I wanted to feel like i accomplished something.] ;)
getting this error now. Im gonna clone bobs kernel again cause I was going off of blarfs that last time...
/bin/sh: minigzip: not found

Last edited:

konspiracy

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
for that one you have to add the scripts kernel directory to PATH.
Code:
cd /your/kernel/root/directory
export PATH=$PATH:$PWD/scripts

Im new to linux I know its not under src where would that be located on a normal ubuntu install?

Lol nvm I figured it out myself weird....

Okay so it made an image i only had to mess with a usb config....
its not boot looping but its stuck on the lg screen. still cant get a logcat though...
back to the drawing board....
Recompiling
well im getting faster boot loops.
What lcd driver am I supposed to be using? also when using the any kernel updater I can just replace the zimage with my own then re compress to a zip right?

Last edited:

konspiracy

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
maybe I'm a bit off, been up late.

cd to the kernel folder, that's what I meant. then export the PATH.
the $PWD stands for present working directory.

thanks for the help.
and i think the first gen phones use the novatek driver for the screen right?
I think i goofed again.

Also this thingy [lg_diag_wmc.o] is giving me trouble so im telling it not to bother with it in the config. Other than that Its compiling cleanly.

Still boot looping every 3 seconds on the lg screen.

what comman can I use to pull the current kernel config file from the phone?

Last edited:

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The phones config file is located here: /proc/config.gz

If you cloned my git:
1) make sure your in the right branch...my android_kernel_thunderc has 10 branches ;)
2) my thunderc kernel has the minigzip fix already included
3) the config file I use is chaos_defconfig

Reactions: bigsupersquid

konspiracy

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
The phones config file is located here: /proc/config.gz

If you cloned my git:
1) make sure your in the right branch...my android_kernel_thunderc has 10 branches ;)
2) my thunderc kernel has the minigzip fix already included
3) the config file I use is chaos_defconfig

Okay
One the config from the phone is still note the same one that is in any of the config folders.
I know because I used that tutorial and that adb command to pull it.
I compiled it succefully without bfs. With bfs patched i get this error.
LD init/built-in.o
LD .tmp_vmlinux1
drivers/built-in.o: In function `mmc_wait_for_req':
lowmemorykiller.c:(.text+0xc53f0): undefined reference to `wait_for_completion_io'
anybody understand that error?

Last edited:

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
working on this right now
if I find an answer I'll post it here.

like said before it was issue with repo sync
fixed with repo sync

Code:
bttssynthproxy.so)
libelfcopy: Warning: Range lists in .debug_info section aren't in ascending order!
libelfcopy: Warning: Range lists in .debug_ranges section start at 0x858
Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core-tests-supportlib_intermediates/classes-jarjar.jar
target Non-prelinked: app_process (out/target/product/thunderc/symbols/system/bin/app_process)
target Prelink: libstagefright (out/target/product/thunderc/symbols/system/lib/libstagefright.so)
libelfcopy: Warning: DW_FORM_data8 is unsupported when sizeof (unsigned long) != 8
libelfcopy: Warning: DW_FORM_data8 is unsupported when sizeof (unsigned long) != 8
libelfcopy: Warning: Location lists in .debug_info section aren't in ascending order!
libelfcopy: Warning: Range lists in .debug_info section aren't in ascending order!
libelfcopy: Warning: Range lists in .debug_ranges section start at 0x4a0
target Prelink: libaudioflinger (out/target/product/thunderc/symbols/system/lib/libaudioflinger.so)
libelfcopy: Warning: Location lists in .debug_info section aren't in ascending order!
libelfcopy: Warning: Range lists in .debug_ranges section start at 0x910
target Strip: libstagefright_omx (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/lib/libstagefright_omx.so)
target Strip: libFFTEm (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/lib/libFFTEm.so)
target Strip: libandroid (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/lib/libandroid.so)
target Strip: libaudioeffect_jni (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/lib/libaudioeffect_jni.so)
target Strip: libjnigraphics (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/lib/libjnigraphics.so)
target Strip: librs_jni (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/lib/librs_jni.so)
target Strip: libsoundpool (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/lib/libsoundpool.so)
target Strip: libttssynthproxy (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/lib/libttssynthproxy.so)
Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core-tests-supportlib_intermediates/emma_out/lib/classes-jarjar.jar
target Strip: app_process (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/app_process_intermediates/app_process)
target Strip: libstagefright (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/lib/libstagefright.so)
target Strip: libaudioflinger (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/lib/libaudioflinger.so)
target SharedLib: libmediaplayerservice (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmediaplayerservice_intermediates/LINKED/libmediaplayerservice.so)
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libaudioflinger.so
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libstagefright_omx.so
target Executable: omx_tests (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/omx_tests_intermediates/LINKED/omx_tests)
target Executable: record (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/record_intermediates/LINKED/record)
target Executable: rtp_test (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/rtp_test_intermediates/LINKED/rtp_test)
target Executable: stagefright (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/stagefright_intermediates/LINKED/stagefright)
target Executable: testid3 (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/testid3_intermediates/LINKED/testid3)
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libFFTEm.so
target SharedLib: libOpenSLES (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libOpenSLES_intermediates/LINKED/libOpenSLES.so)
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libandroid.so
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libaudioeffect_jni.so
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libjnigraphics.so
target SharedLib: libmedia_jni (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmedia_jni_intermediates/LINKED/libmedia_jni.so)
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/librs_jni.so
target SharedLib: librtp_jni (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/librtp_jni_intermediates/LINKED/librtp_jni.so)
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libsoundpool.so
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libttssynthproxy.so
Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core-tests-supportlib_intermediates/classes.jar
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/bin/app_process
target Executable: audioloop (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/audioloop_intermediates/LINKED/audioloop)
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libstagefright.so
target Prelink: libmediaplayerservice (out/target/product/thunderc/symbols/system/lib/libmediaplayerservice.so)
libelfcopy: Warning: Range lists in .debug_ranges section start at 0x8b8
target Non-prelinked: omx_tests (out/target/product/thunderc/symbols/system/bin/omx_tests)
target Non-prelinked: record (out/target/product/thunderc/symbols/system/bin/record)
target Non-prelinked: rtp_test (out/target/product/thunderc/symbols/system/bin/rtp_test)
target Non-prelinked: stagefright (out/target/product/thunderc/symbols/system/bin/stagefright)
target Non-prelinked: testid3 (out/target/product/thunderc/symbols/system/bin/testid3)
target Non-prelinked: libOpenSLES (out/target/product/thunderc/symbols/system/lib/libOpenSLES.so)
target Prelink: libmedia_jni (out/target/product/thunderc/symbols/system/lib/libmedia_jni.so)
libelfcopy: Warning: Range lists in .debug_ranges section start at 0x590
target Non-prelinked: librtp_jni (out/target/product/thunderc/symbols/system/lib/librtp_jni.so)
target Prelink: libwebcore (out/target/product/thunderc/symbols/system/lib/libwebcore.so)
target Static Jar: core-tests-supportlib (out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core-tests-supportlib_intermediates/javalib.jar)
target Non-prelinked: audioloop (out/target/product/thunderc/symbols/system/bin/audioloop)
target Strip: libmediaplayerservice (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/lib/libmediaplayerservice.so)
target Strip: omx_tests (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/omx_tests_intermediates/omx_tests)
target Strip: record (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/record_intermediates/record)
target Strip: rtp_test (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/rtp_test_intermediates/rtp_test)
target Strip: stagefright (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/stagefright_intermediates/stagefright)
target SharedLib: libsystem_server (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsystem_server_intermediates/LINKED/libsystem_server.so)
target Strip: testid3 (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/testid3_intermediates/testid3)
target Strip: libOpenSLES (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/lib/libOpenSLES.so)
target Strip: libmedia_jni (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/lib/libmedia_jni.so)
target Strip: librtp_jni (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/lib/librtp_jni.so)
target Strip: audioloop (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/audioloop_intermediates/audioloop)
target Executable: mediaserver (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/mediaserver_intermediates/LINKED/mediaserver)
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libmediaplayerservice.so
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/bin/omx_tests
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/bin/record
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/bin/rtp_test
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/bin/stagefright
target Prelink: libsystem_server (out/target/product/thunderc/symbols/system/lib/libsystem_server.so)
libelfcopy: Warning: Range lists in .debug_ranges section start at 0xb8
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/bin/testid3
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libOpenSLES.so
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libmedia_jni.so
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/librtp_jni.so
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/bin/audioloop
target Non-prelinked: mediaserver (out/target/product/thunderc/symbols/system/bin/mediaserver)
target Strip: libsystem_server (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/lib/libsystem_server.so)
target Strip: mediaserver (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/mediaserver_intermediates/mediaserver)
target Executable: system_server (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/system_server_intermediates/LINKED/system_server)
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libsystem_server.so
target SharedLib: libandroid_servers (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libandroid_servers_intermediates/LINKED/libandroid_servers.so)
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/bin/mediaserver
target Non-prelinked: system_server (out/target/product/thunderc/symbols/system/bin/system_server)
target Prelink: libandroid_servers (out/target/product/thunderc/symbols/system/lib/libandroid_servers.so)
libelfcopy: Warning: Range lists in .debug_ranges section start at 0x50
target Strip: system_server (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/system_server_intermediates/system_server)
target Strip: libandroid_servers (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/lib/libandroid_servers.so)
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/bin/system_server
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libandroid_servers.so
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
libelfcopy: Warning: Range lists in .debug_ranges section start at 0x528
Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/classes-jarjar.jar
Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/emma_out/lib/classes-jarjar.jar
Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/classes.jar
Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/noproguard.classes.jar
target Strip: libwebcore (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/lib/libwebcore.so)
target Dex: framework
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libwebcore.so
Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/noproguard.classes.dex
target Jar: framework (out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/javalib.jar)
 'out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates//classes.dex' as 'classes.dex'...
target Java: ADWLauncher (out/target/common/obj/APPS/ADWLauncher_intermediates/classes)
target Java: AccountAndSyncSettings (out/target/common/obj/APPS/AccountAndSyncSettings_intermediates/classes)
target Java: AndroidTerm (out/target/common/obj/APPS/AndroidTerm_intermediates/classes)
target Java: ApplicationsProvider (out/target/common/obj/APPS/ApplicationsProvider_intermediates/classes)
target Java: javax.obex (out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/javax.obex_intermediates/classes)
target Java: Browser (out/target/common/obj/APPS/Browser_intermediates/classes)
target Java: CMParts (out/target/common/obj/APPS/CMParts_intermediates/classes)
target Java: CMScreenshot (out/target/common/obj/APPS/CMScreenshot_intermediates/classes)
packages/apps/CMParts/src/com/cyanogenmod/cmparts/activities/DisplayActivity.java:85: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable config_enableScreenAnimation
        if (getResources().getBoolean(com.android.internal.R.bool.config_enableScreenAnimation)) {
                                                                 ^
packages/apps/CMParts/src/com/cyanogenmod/cmparts/activities/LockscreenStyleActivity.java:231: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable LOCKSCREEN_RING_UNLOCK_MIDDLE
                Settings.System.LOCKSCREEN_RING_UNLOCK_MIDDLE, 0) == 1);
                               ^
packages/apps/CMParts/src/com/cyanogenmod/cmparts/activities/LockscreenStyleActivity.java:236: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable LOCKSCREEN_RING_MINIMAL
                Settings.System.LOCKSCREEN_RING_MINIMAL, 0) == 1);
                               ^
packages/apps/CMParts/src/com/cyanogenmod/cmparts/activities/LockscreenStyleActivity.java:348: cannot find symbol
                    Settings.System.LOCKSCREEN_RING_UNLOCK_MIDDLE, value ? 1 : 0);
                                   ^
packages/apps/CMParts/src/com/cyanogenmod/cmparts/activities/LockscreenStyleActivity.java:353: cannot find symbol
                    Settings.System.LOCKSCREEN_RING_MINIMAL, value ? 1 : 0);
                                   ^
packages/apps/CMParts/src/com/cyanogenmod/cmparts/activities/LockscreenStyleActivity.java:666: cannot find symbol
        Settings.System.putInt(getContentResolver(), Settings.System.LOCKSCREEN_RING_UNLOCK_MIDDLE,
                                                                    ^
packages/apps/CMParts/src/com/cyanogenmod/cmparts/activities/LockscreenStyleActivity.java:669: cannot find symbol
        Settings.System.putInt(getContentResolver(), Settings.System.LOCKSCREEN_RING_MINIMAL,
                                                                    ^
Note: packages/apps/CMScreenshot/src/com/cyanogenmod/screenshot/ScreenshotActivity.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
target Java: CMStats (out/target/common/obj/APPS/CMStats_intermediates/classes)
7 errors
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/APPS/CMParts_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Note: packages/apps/ADWLauncher/src/com/android/launcher/Launcher.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
asadullah@asadullah-NV57H:~/system$

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe