Building your own ROM

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Sun Java 6 isn't working with Ubuntu now. There was some licensing issue I heard. You can still get it from other sources. Just not from sun. If you Google it, you will find one somewhere. I will try to find the one I used later on

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

I created deb packages and left them on LesleAnn's build server in /usr/local/src. Just copy and install them. If you don't have a login, I can toss them somewhere for download.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
im getting repo command not found

Code:
root@alexandra-desktop:~/android/system# repo init -u git://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android.git -b gingerbread
No command 'repo' found, did you mean:
 Command 'rep' from package 'rep' (universe)
 Command 'repl' from package 'nmh' (universe)
 Command 'repl' from package 'mailutils-mh' (universe)
repo: command not found

Jerry's curl stopped working when kernel.org got hacked do this and rebooted after chmod just to be safe
sudo curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > /bin/repo
sudo chmod a+x /bin/repo

That should get your repo working, I'm a little rusty sorry if I'm wrong
Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: LeslieAnn

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
tbh i have no idea how faar i got.. you tell me

Code:
root@alexandra-desktop:~/android/system# repo init -u git://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android.git -b gingerbread

Your identity is: alexandra <cjs.tanner@gmail.com>
If you want to change this, please re-run 'repo init' with --config-name

repo initialized in /root/android/system
root@alexandra-desktop:~/android/system# repo sync -j16

after
repo sync -j16
i jut get a blinking box no text beffore

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you may have a problem with repo init. While you have the folder open that you did the repo init command in, press cntrl+h. You should see a .repo folder (starts with a period). Delete that folder and do repo init again. Then do repo sync

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you may have a problem with repo init. While you have the folder open that you did the repo init command in, press cntrl+h. You should see a .repo folder (starts with a period). Delete that folder and do repo init again. Then do repo sync

i followed your placing direc tions on the orgional post i cant find the folder anywhere?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
When you run repo init, you are in a directory. It creates a hidden folder called .repo, to see it you have to press cntrl+h when viewing the folder on your desktop (not in the terminal window). ;)

jack454

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
tbh i have no idea how faar i got.. you tell me

Code:

Your identity is: alexandra <cjs.tanner@gmail.com>
If you want to change this, please re-run 'repo init' with --config-name

repo initialized in /root/android/system
root@alexandra-desktop:~/android/system# repo sync -j16

after i jut get a blinking box no text beffore

It looks like you have your build setup in the root folder. " repo initialized in /root/android/system". That's not a good place to put it. I'm on my way to work now, so no time. If you don't get it by the time I get home I'll try to help.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
It looks like you have your build setup in the root folder. " repo initialized in /root/android/system". That's not a good place to put it. I'm on my way to work now, so no time. If you don't get it by the time I get home I'll try to help.

This is correct. Do not sudo or gain root access because it just doesn't work. Your probably going to have to go through everything again WITHOUT having root access. Hope this helps

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali