Burn marks on wrist

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I recently for the last few days have a burn mark on my wrist underneath the green laser on the bottom of my watch. I see in the forums it happens to others. is there something wrong with my watch? What do I do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it truly a burn, or is it more of a discoloration? It's a green LED, not a laser, so it emits far too little energy to cause an actual burn. It may be more of an allergic rash, either to the material, or perhaps to excess sweat buildup.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Is it truly a burn, or is it more of a discoloration? It's a green LED, not a laser, so it emits far too little energy to cause an actual burn. It may be more of an allergic rash, either to the material, or perhaps to excess sweat buildup.
Looks like this. So that's a Green LED? maybe a buildup of sweat. I do have skin itching or rash problems all the time i have to put prescription ointment on. I've been using the watch for a years and a half. And see others with the same problem in the forums. Never really hear the cause though.
7b6ced4ec6657810027901f8eee0a388.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that doesn't look like a burn to me (I'm a doctor). Looks more like skin irritation or a contact allergy. You could put some steroid cream (like over-the-counter hydrocortisone 1%) 2-3 times/day and see if that helps. Or if you already use something like triamcinolone (TAC) for your skin (which is prescription only), you could also use that.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that doesn't look like a burn to me (I'm a doctor). Looks more like skin irritation or a contact allergy. You could put some steroid cream (like over-the-counter hydrocortisone 1%) 2-3 times/day and see if that helps. Or if you already use something like triamcinolone (TAC) for your skin (which is prescription only), you could also use that.

thanks for the info. i take Clobetasol cream for my skin irritations.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Clobetasol is a bit strong. You might want to start with something milder, like hydrocortisone.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Clobetasol is a bit strong. You might want to start with something milder, like hydrocortisone.

I've had chronic skin problems for over 10 years. I finally started seeing a dermatologist last year and this is what they gave me. It really works. I've tried about every skin creme OTC or RX.