Call Drops & Network Signal Problem in Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 !!

rahulvarshney16

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I was reading many different threads related to this issue & came across many scary feelings, while some suggesting that motherboard might have got corrupted as it may have came in contact to water, some suggested that antenna of this phone might have rusted due to moisture or antenna of this phone might have got corrupted so replacement of antenna is required.

while in this thread I read that replacement of motherboard did not work :(

I also implemented the given below solution many times but it did not work either
Settings---connections---more networks---mobile network--network mode ---- gsm only (if 2g) & wcdma only (if 3g)..

However, to my surprise when I did a combination of
Settings---connections---more networks---mobile network--network mode ---- WCDMA/GSM auto connect

& automatic network selection by itself, signal rose from zero to full strength.

Hoping this will help someone.

This certainly proves to be a software glitch & for this I think Samsung should give a fix.
if a person only wants to use the 3G, it seems to be a problem.

Thanks,
Rahul

Lee Davies1

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Have the s4 mini with the same problem. From what I've found out and makes no sense is that when connected to 4G and network selection is set to auto the phone struggles to switch over to 3g. So you have two options, change settings in network selection not to include 4G or to scroll down screen and switch data connection off. Which is by far the easiest. Though I live in London and is supposed to have some of the best mobile signals around. I'm getting 80mb min. But can't make a call how funny is that.

Pawan Kumar Tyagi

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Dear Avinashaec,

I am having Sony Xperia Go/Black (ST27i), recently I had changed my network service provider and after that I have been facing network failure problem every time soon after disconnecting my call (12-15 seconds after disconnection of the call), and this situation persist for about 15 seconds thereafter it got normalized.

I contacted my service provider 'Vodafone' about the aforementioned network failure problem and they replaced my sim card but even after that I had been facing the network failure problem.

I wrote to sony as well but they do not able to provide any solution to my problem, just while ago I searched the google for the solution where I found link of your's wherein you suggested the following:-
Check following settings:

Settings---connections---more networks---mobile network--network mode ---- gsm only (if 2g) & wcdma only (if 3g)..

I followed your suggestion and my problem got resolved....

Many thanks to you....

Best Regards,
Pawan Kumar Tyagi (Advocate)

neeraj tiwari1

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
i have same problem with my s4 mini , it get disconnected during call ,sometime it get more irritated , call being dropped again & again .
i think it is a network issue ( when i select the network GSM only the phone works fine the problem is with auto mode & WCDMA mode )
i m still searching the solution if you get let me know .thanks

Haverlock

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem as have a LOT of other people. Don't mess around contact Samsung and send in for repair. Since the handset is covered for 2 years you HAVE to be covered.

They had mine for 2 weeks and changed main board I have it back now and it seems to be stable.

Shashikant Chattar

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I am in India. I have got a S4 copy phone from Thailand. Now I am facing network issues on it. I have an Airtel sim card. I get the network with Airtel, but only in certain areas and the network signal strength is also less. I get only 3G shown on the top. In preferences even if I set only GSM option for network, still I do not get network if I go inside my house. But the network is with full strength inside my house, when I use the same sim card with different phone.

Please suggest what can be done to solve the weaker network signal issue.

genghisconnie

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
This is working for me - for now. Crossing my frustrated little android fingers... Not sure what you mean by "if 2g" and "if 3g." It's supposed to be a 4g, right? Are you referring to where i am and what kind of connection I have? My mobil loss is totally random without moving it off my coffee table.

aditya54321

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi Arnab,

This is Aditya and staying in Bangalore it seems that you have mentioned exactly same story as of mine I bought this Samsung galaxy S4 (GT-19500) black edition previous month for a fu**kin 41000 and that was the biggest mistake of my life as it is a completely crap thing, the phones starts disconnecting the calls from the first day itself, I thought that might be it is a network issue but then it starts happening on every call , I was totally frustrated I went to the service station and they said you came after 7 day so no replacement for the phone and updated some software patch on the device which never worked, then again I went to the service station and then they said its motherboard is going to change fu***ers replacing the motherboard of the device which you bought just 10 days back and it was even more sad my monthly installment started for the phone which I was not using so I raised a ticket to the head office and after a lot of arguments and mail interaction I got my phone replaced but see the standard of this korean company the new phone has exactly same issue and I am again going to service station tomorrow will try to keep you update whats next they gonna offer me I think this product itself is a ****ty one so this time I will go for a different range or to refund my money lets see
Will try to update you

Peniz Letoy

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Try to use phone without back case, my sgs4 i9500 work well without it, but everytime i put it back (closing the back) the signal problem cameback. It seem the signal "firewalled" by its back cover...what a strange design.
ps: i sold my s4 already for permanent problem solving :(

drsigin

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Guys,

Disabling the 3G from never work setting is a workaround not a solution.
Do you think paying 40000 Rs to use mobile only on 2G mode?. It does not makes any sense.
I also experienced the same issue and worked with Samsung technical support for almost a month.
Meantime I have changed the SIM and service providers, but that did not resolve the Orignal Issue.
Also the service center people replaced the motherboard but no luck.

Original Solution:
Finally Samsung released a new updated OS which is Binary Edition.
Service Center people installed that OS in my mobile and that resolved the issue completely.
Now I am using my mobile both on 2G and 3G mode with out any issues.

Seems like the OS is having some compatibility issue. Anyways I am happy now.

Though I have spent lot of energy, my issue is resolved.

Thanks to Samsung...Thanks folks for sharing your suggestions.

Regards
Shyam Sundar .P

hi everyone.
after reading everyones reply and my own experience with s4 I got a conclusion that evey one have call drop or net drop issue when use 3g or 4g in samsung galaxy s4.

did you notice some reply repeatedly saying their problems resolved when use only 2g mode on 3g phones or 2g +3g mode in 4g phones.

some have facing same issue even after change mother board. so its not with the hardware problem of galaxy s4.

there are two replys says they got solved their issue after get a new firmware update at samsung service center... they have no issues with 3g alone mode or 2g alone mode. hope if its 4g phone its problem will be solved too.

as I am also having same call drop problem only when I use 3g mode (WCDMA ONLY). but when I changed to 2g mode (GSM ONLY) its not popping up that call drop issue. but I have to sacrifice my 3g internet data. I have changed the sim card and its still same issue with my phone calls. I thought its network problems that 3g network is dropping from network side. but not only I am using 3g on my network (VODAFONE INDIA) As I am in kerala vodafone provide 3g with the help of IDEA CELLULAR network... I thought thats why network get troubles. but other vodafone users with different 3g mobiles even samsung mobiles other than s4 not have this issue. so this issue only with Samsung galaxy s4...

and its not phone's hardware problem because those who changed motherboard has same issue with new motherboard so its not the solution to this issue. its the issue with the software. as some reply said samsung service center did new firmware update his or her problem resolved. so its with the recent update which has issued by samsung for s4 OTA. I have updated to kitkat version over the AIR. I mean not through computer. now only one daught that those who got resolved there problem after firmware update there phone I want to know they got latest android version or old. may be this call drop problem with only android 4.4.2 updated samsung s4... so I hope those to share detailed information about what firmware they got updated from Samsung service center?. if its old factory mode android of s4 then all s4 users who has this problem need to do factory reset their phone. if they got latest android 4.4.2 from service center then its problem with installed 4 4.2 version. as I did through OTA. we should try with downloaded version of firmware for s4 with the help of a PC. but I am not sure about the warranty of the phone. or else its better to go to samsung service center and get a update so phones warranty not goes. hope we find the solution. hope those who updated their s4 from service center share about their android version which they got... so others will get full clear cut solution for drop calls.

thank you.
sigin

drsigin

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
[QUOTE. Shyam sundar3;3012473]I am having the same issue with my Samsung S4. It was working fine for a week later started giving trouble.
I handover my mobile to Samsung service center. The technician told that replacing mother board will resolve this issue.
When I went to buy new mobile I had a thought of getting Iphone. Later the shop person made me to buy this ******.
Now I am facing all kind of issues....I used Samsung Corby, Samsung Ace earlier and never ever had issues.
I am pretty sure, I will not buy samsung products anymore.
:( Bad Luck.

Regards
Shyam Sundar .p[/QUOTE]

HI EVERYONE.....
I HAVE WROTE ONCE BUT IT GOT MISSED AND AGAIN I HAVE TO WRITE.

AFTER READING EVERYONES REPLY ABOUT CALL DROP IN SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 PHONES I GOT A CONCLUSION.

"CALL DROP problem is not samsung galaxy s4's hardware problem its its software problem"

As many here posted reply about changing sim card or changing mother board still facing this issue. so its not with network or phones hardware problems. as many other 3g or 4g phones user using same network but no issues. so its only with Samsung's galaxy s4.

there are some post saying its have same problem but get temporary solution after changing network mode. (3g phones changes to 2g(GSM) mode or 4g/LTE phones changes to 2G/3G mode. means phones higher network mode phone has call drop problems.

I am also having same call drop problem in my android 4.4.2 version updated over the air(OTA UPDATE).updated samsung galaxy s4 (GT-I9500), only in 3g(WCDMA) mode or my phones higher network mode. as some told same with 4g mode. my phone not support 4g so I dont know. but I guess its phones higher network mode. I have not much issues as call drop in 2g mode but my 3g data I have to sacrifice.

as some reply clearly says as I am attached with this reply. some got resolved there call drop issue and they can use 3g or 2g mode without any call dropping. as they got firmware update from Samsung service center. but they not told detailed information about which android version they got it from service center. is it factory mode versions of android for s4 or latest android kitkat (4.4.2)...

SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUE IS:
1) If they got updated with factory mode android then all you have to do is do a factory reset and wait for new update for s4 or bug fix. and enjoy unlimited calling without call drop.
2) if they got latest android version from Samsung service center and their problem abot call drop resolved means u have to get a update of your s4 at service center or manual pc mode update but pc mode update and phones warranty issue I dont know its in your own risk of losing your phone warranty. or just give phone to service center and get an update and enjoy unlimited callings without call drop.

so hopping those who updated keep reply so others can go forward to it. tell the updated version of Android.

Amit Doshi1

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,

All the complaints and posts reading gives me so much of sigh of relief that I am not the only one who faces this problem. I will try the option as indicated in the post of doing a GSM only.

To be honest, I did not understand the point where it was mentioned that if your phone has capability of 3G / 4G then why to use in GSM only mode. So I dont know that part. If someone can explain me that, please? Currently I dont have 3G data connection. I use my internet on normal 2G plan and at home over Wi-Fi. So would it have any impact if I do GSM only settings change in the mobile network?

Btw, I have already upgraded myself to Kitkat version couple of weeks back and the problem of call drop.

Please guide. I will also try and catch a service centre to rectify the problem as many of you have indicated that as a solution. But in the meantime, if I could solve that problem by changing this settings at home; it will be great.

Thank you all for the post and look forward to the reply on this post. Thanks again.

Regards...Amit

pepe1993

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem! I saw on Internet that some people fixed this problem by installing a new modem via Odin or something like that. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Amit Doshi1

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Dear pepe1993,

You should try changing the network mode in settings - as mentioned in the earlier posts. I did that and my problem of call drops has been resolved. I have yet to go to the service centre to fix the problem - but at least in the meantime - this works well.

All the best....Amit

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance