Camera scratches

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Yeah. It hurt. I may get the platinum G6, but I'm actually warming up to the idea of getting an S8+ in orchid gray instead. I'm kinda bummed right now about the easily-scratched LG G6. I really loved this phone.
For what it's worth, I got my new G6 Tuesday and so far no scratches at all. Same case, same daily habits of pocketing it, tossing it on my desk etc. Maybe there was an issue with the first batches?

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
For what it's worth, I got my new G6 Tuesday and so far no scratches at all. Same case, same daily habits of pocketing it, tossing it on my desk etc. Maybe there was an issue with the first batches?

I hope that's the case, but I don't want to risk getting another bad one. =/

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. It hurt. I may get the platinum G6, but I'm actually warming up to the idea of getting an S8+ in orchid gray instead. I'm kinda bummed right now about the easily-scratched LG G6. I really loved this phone.

I loved the phone too. If the S8 disappoints I like the option of going back to it. Just curious if all of these were the T-mobile variant.

raulg15

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I got camera scratches also. It is not visible unless I put it under a light. I noticed it and thought I could just wipe it away with a cloth but its a permanent scratch. lgcamerascratch.jpg

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Triple checked my wife's phone, and no scratches at all. Hope it stays that way, but 8 more days in the return window just in case.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I actually did notice a small scratch a bit to the lower right of the flash. not near the lenses themselves thankfully, so I actually grabbed some clear tape and laid it over the whole lens glass until amazon/ebay start stocking glass protectors for the G6. might actually grab one of those universal protectors from walmart/best buy and cut it to size.

this isn't unique for me though. My GS7's screen got a nice long scratch day 2 after being in my pocket. its just me I think....

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Been a day since I got the phone and used a case immediately. Haven't seen any scratches on the camera lens.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I should have read the thread first.... I'm getting a kick out of a response to the thread speculating that the coating could be a result of the fragile glass in the V20. No coating could prevent cracking.

Ha! You never know. It could be a super secret South Korean anti-shatter grease.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hapily02