Can I buy a CDMA Moto X and use it on Straight Talk? (Or has anyone done it)?

andrew95

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

My iPhone 5 is on its way out. ST told me I must verify the MEID with them before I could use the bring your own phone program. I do not want to order a custom MOTO X and then be told it will not work.

Anyone done this with success? I called Verizon and they said the only reason they(straight talk) would NOT accept a MEID is if it was stolen. True?

Also, will the 4G LTE still work?

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a Verizon Moto X on ATT and everything works except for LTE. You also have to go in and change the APN to receive MMS messages.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You go to Straight Talk Compatibility Test to check whether the particular phone will be accepted. You can't do it generically by make and model. If the phone had been previously used on a prepaid Verizon plan, for instance, it won't be usable with Straight Talk.

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Straight talk doesn't check meid's for carrier compatibility. I've used a nexus 4, at&t HTC one, and a current moto x. Never changed the phone in the profile, just swapped the Sim into the new phone.

Rob Zion1

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
What speeds are you getting. Are you at least getting H+? I have an older phone getting 7-9 Mbs on Net10 and wanted to go to Straight Talk. I just purchased the Verizon developer version Moto X and I really hope my data speeds won't be downgraded. Any suggestions?