Can I get some help with a few problems I am having with my LG G3?

franklin19c

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
LG G3 - 2 Problems... Well Actually 3

With my LG G3, one of the first things that I have noticed is that if you have the dialpad on the screen while you are in a call it will occasionally allow your cheek to start pressing buttons, including end. I can switch the dialpad off thankfully, but I have to instead of it just detecting that my big head is next to it and prevent any buttons from being pressed. No question there i guess since I don't see any way to fix this besides LG fixing it themselves....

Second problem is with the Visual Voicemail. Last night it did it's notification that I couldn't sync my voicemails, which it could actually, but it decided to keep trying intensely for 3 hours while I was sleeping and drained my battery down from a full charge to 40%. That's when I was thankful for their charger because I could charge it in about an hour. Visual Voicemail has always had the tendency to bug me if it has 1 second where it can't sync the voicemail, which itself is very annoying. However, I have never had the problem of it draining my battery like this. Any solutions to their handy but terrible voicemail app?

The second problem leads me to the third problem with the phone. It doesn't let you keep your phone on the charger. I keep my phone on vibrate nearly all of the time and if I leave my phone on the charger it will keep vibrating and wake me up to force me to unplug it. If I could have just left it plugged in last night, I wouldn't have had the huge problem with it being drained over night. I have searched and searched for a way to turn this off, but I have not found one. Any new development on that?

Sorry about the rant. This is a great phone. I love it, but LG needs to fix these simple issues.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: LG G3 - 2 Problems... Well Actually 3

First issue, if you use a case with a flap, like the LG G3 Quick Circle case, you can close the flap when on the phone. So you won't be cheek dialing.
Third issue. If you try an app like Silence Premium Do Not Disturb, you can schedule your phone to be silent throughout the night, yet allow exceptions to call through (in an emergency).
Can't help with the second issue.
Welcome to the forum. :)

ShAdoWSKy

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site

I don't have any solutions for your first two problems, but the third problem sounds like some sort of defect. My phone stays on the charger and doesn't bother me at all regardless of how long I keep the charger in. But more than that, you shouldn't be having huge battery drains over night because the g3 has amazing standby time. I leave my phone on overnight without the charger at 100% and wake up with about 98.

Posted via the Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

For the first, go into settings in the dialer and make sure Proximity sensor is checked. The screen should turn of when you have it next to your head doing a call, preventing accidentally touches.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

First problem shouldn't happen if your face is covering the sensor on the top left of phone

Haven't used visual voicemail yet. Sorry

Third problem doesn't happen to mine. On charger All night and only get the normal emails and texts notifications through vibrate. Nothing else

franklin19c

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

Hey TWC42. I didn't think about the case with the flap. I might try that. If I can find a good, customizable do not disturb app that I like I'm going to try that tonight. Thanks.

franklin19c

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

Hey ShadowSky. You are the first person with a g3 that I've talked to that hasn't had that issue. I do like the typical power saving. I get about 1% per hour drain, so it's typically like 92% in the morning. Last night was the first time that voicemail app that it used completely freaked out while I was sleeping. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. I also forgot that I had a spare battery (their mail in rebate promotion if you haven't seen it on LG's website.)

franklin19c

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

For the first, go into settings in the dialer and make sure Proximity sensor is checked. The screen should turn of when you have it next to your head doing a call, preventing accidentally touches.

I didn't find a proximity sensor setting in my phone, but the screen always turns off when I bring it to my face. The screen stays off when it starts thinking that I'm pressing buttons.

franklin19c

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

First problem shouldn't happen if your face is covering the sensor on the top left of phone

Haven't used visual voicemail yet. Sorry

Third problem doesn't happen to mine. On charger All night and only get the normal emails and texts notifications through vibrate. Nothing else

My face does cover that sensor. The screen stay off, but it still says that I'm pressing buttons a couple minutes into the call. I have to switch the dialpad off every time to prevent it.

Wow, you are the second person to say that. I'm really confused why mine wakes me up when I leave it on the charger then. If i find a solution, I'll be sure to post it. Thanks.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Hi no charger problems here. My proximity sensor is working perfectly, but what may be happening is if you hold with face and shoulder if it moves then it may turn on.
As for visual voice mail my experience with Sprint and T-Mobile is the app is garbage and I don't use it. Press #1 then talk like the old school and you will be fine.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Odd. What carrier version do you have? I tried to make keyboard entries while the phone is up to my ear, and was unable to do so deliberately, and it's never happened to me accidentally.

Here's the proximity option on my phone, under "Ongoing calls."
QuickMemo%u00252B_2014-12-09-17-41-15.png

franklin19c

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

I use Verizon.

My settings menu is a little different from meyerweb's. It doesn't have the proximity sensor option, but it is working because the screen does turn off. I have paid attention and made sure that my face doesn't come off of the sensor, and it still happens. The screen never turns on during this, but it still says that I'm pressing buttons. I have all but given up on fixing that. I am certain that's LG's fault.

I think that I have an idea of what might be causing the visual voicemail draining my battery. I noticed that at my new job that my phone connects to the wireless automatically since is has no password, but to start using it you have to open a web browser and log in with my username and password for work. Just recently I noticed that my Windows 7 laptop would connect automatically to a Belkin guest SSID of some neighbor that required me to log in as well. If my phone tried that connection before my own, that would explain it draining the battery. I wish that it wouldn't or that it would at least switch to 4G, but I accept this and don't think that it is a problem with the phone.

As far as the problem of visual voicemail draining the battery, I would say that the best thing to do is to not live in an apartment complex with a bunch of people who don't know what an SSID is. Hopefully I'll get a house/condo next summer and I won't have to worry about it again.

Sorry about the delay in me getting back on the forum. I do appreciate the help very much.

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site

I also don't have any problems regarding battery drain overnight. I unplugged my charger last night around 8:30,and when I woke up a 4am to go to work, it was still at 100%.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Intellect works