Can I Root My DNA on a Mac?

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Been considering rooting my DNA to get rid of some of the junk and I really want it to be more like my Nexus 7. Problem is all I have are Mac computers and I haven't found any instructions on how to do it with a Mac or if you even can. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Need to download the android SDK. . then check out how to root the DNA. You can Google it or check out xda.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

jamiethemorris

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I just want to point out that while the instructions should be the same, there is a slight difference in the way the commands are typed in. In the instructions, anywhere that it says any commands involving adb or fastboot, on a Mac you would use ./adb or ./fastboot. That should be the only difference.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

macmitten

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I too would like a step by step guide. Googling it turned up nothing. The steps are similar, but better safe than sorry.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW

macmitten

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh great... Just found out if you have the OTA update you cannot unlock the bootloader, at least until xda or others figure out a new method.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW

jamiethemorris

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
The devs are working hard at getting it unlocked again, it's only a matter of time. Sometimes I feel like the service providers are just wasting their time trying to keep their phones locked down... They never succeed.

Sent from my ViperDNA using Tapatalk 2

macmitten

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
They never succeed, only delay. I wish they would stop fighting the consumer. Guess it all boils down to dollar signs being lost when people use their phone as hotspots or block bull**** ads. As if we don't fork out enough money every month, plus the rediculous markup for the phone. I for one cannot wait to root this thing and free it of it's chain's.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SonamBajwa