can someone help please

zzzbbb

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
i have a Samsung galaxy ace, i just went on the weather and news app that is already installed on the phone when you buy it. the weather location has been changed to a village in my city... and I never changed it and i'm just thinking is it possible I could have been hacked?! I don't know how or why it changed, nothing else seems to be wrong with the phone though... I have taken all my pictures off just in case but can someone please reassure me as to why or if any of you guys have had the same problem.

thank you

edit:

it's just gone back to normal now :s
can someone tell me why this happened please, really confused.

Last edited:

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
How wrong is the city? Is it close?

Some weather apps don't pick up my exact city so it defaults to the next closest city.

zzzbbb

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
How wrong is the city? Is it close?

Some weather apps don't pick up my exact city so it defaults to the next closest city.

it was a village in my city. the app had been fine, I just went on it to check the weather and found that it said something else, do you think after an update it may have changed? :s, i'm not 100% sure if that particular app updated, but I do know that a couple did, it seems to have gone back to normal now though, but I don't know why it happened in the first place

bobbyl97

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
You didn't get hacked or anything, its ok. This happens all the time. The GPS isn't perfect. I get my phone giving me the next city over all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buchenzo