Can we expect a notch or no for the Pixel 4 XL?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the Note 9 now, which is really great, with an above average, but not great camera. I had the Pixel XL and the Pixel 2 XL and the camera on the Note is not as good.

I suppose for this reason alone, I am likely going back to the Pixel series in fall. However, I really don't love the Pixel 3 XL's notch at all.

Do the rumors to date seem to indicate that we are again getting a notch on the bigger version? If so, will it at least be smaller? If not, are there indications of a hole-punch approach? What are we hearing so far ?

Thanks.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
So far, I've only seen hole punch rumors. Who knows at this point. We should see information leak soon.

I can say the hole punch on my S10 (not XL) is pretty much unnoticeable.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Phone after phone after phone in recent years have been non-starters for me because of notches and, latterly, punch-holes. I don't even bother to read about them. If this one has either, it's no go.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Phone after phone after phone in recent years have been non-starters for me because of notches and, latterly, punch-holes. I don't even bother to read about them. If this one has either, it's no go.

A punch hole would be no problem for me at all. The 2 are not the same at all in my mind. To each his own, I suppose.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
LOL google design team would be insane if they kept the notch after the pixel 3 xl fiasco.
I know. I agree.

Also almost as bad is in Pie, the entire middle of the notifications area is blank even on non-notch Pixels. Does anyone know if Q is the same way? i.e. If there is a hole punch, will we still have WASTED notification area space?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. While good news if true, that leak also suggested that the Pixel 4 will not have any buttons of any sort.

That's seems seriously unlikely, and it calls the veracity of the entire leak into question.

Those don't seem realistic. The cameras are back to back. Doubtful they could do that.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
If Skinomi is to be believed (and they've been around for a bit), here's what we'd be looking at for the Pixel 4 (though the screen shows the old school 3 buttons, double front camera even on the 4)
2-pack-google-pixel-4-techskin-screen-protector-28.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174