Cannot find updates

kindrudekid

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
i just recieved the TF300 and it wont update

sadly :(

i have downloaded it to an external mmc and stored it in root folder yet it wont update

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Even when you go into Settings, About Tablet, then firmware update? They should download from there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

kindrudekid

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
fKKgY.jpg

blOMH.jpg

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I think I would give it a couple days before I would panic too much. I know updates are often rolled out incrementally so perhaps since yours is new it has to register itself with ASUS first as active and then it rolls out updates.

Just a thought, hard to say since I've had mine for a couple months now and got the update when it was released.

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Asus has had problems adding serial numbers to their database for the TF300. A lot of people have been unable to OTA because of this. Eventually, your number should get added to the database, and you'll get the OTA. It's just a matter of waiting.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I wouldn't panic too much. After all you do have 4.0.3 which is the latest release but some of your other version numbers below that aren't the newest. I cross checked with mine. Here's mine and I updated it when I bought it May 25 and that's with the version numbers you see in my photo attached.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

kindrudekid

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you I have successfully updated
thank you

I had forgotten to extract the archive

Who zips a zip archive anyway ??

Also I'm not sure if I m rooted

Can u help me

rickievans

May 13, 2012
Visit site
If your rooted you would have superuser app avalable. You could try to install a root only app and see if it runs.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelissaCollins