Cannot get original Att update Captivate after rom debachle!

ccooper405

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok so, I cannot get the original update for the GPS fix. Here is what happened. Phone was rooted with galaxy tweaker, had lag fix running. I began to update to froyo and I guess I didn't stop the lag fix properly and or I forgot to mount the sd before I connected it to Odin. So basically the update didn't work. I had to restore it using Factory Firmware With Odin3 One Click Downloader. Now everything works fine but when I go to install the update it gets to 50% says failed and restarts. So the question is can I ever get that update now that the damage is done? And can I ever get it back to EXACTLY the way it was? I used mybackup and moved everything to a folder on my desktop. They are all zipped, but I tried to move them back to the sd file on the phone and the phone says there is no application to open file. I am seriously a noob. I have been looking for an answer but I am in too deep.

Last edited:

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
The ODIN one click is not exactly stock, which is why the ATT over the air update always fails.

You can update that JF6 rom using KIES.

There isn't any way to get exactly back to stock.

Does the phone still work?

Reactions: ccooper405

TheBronze

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Screw stock and the over the air update, which did nothing for the GPS anyway. Get back to your tweaking and grab Cezars Continuum ROM over on xda. I dropped that on my phone on Sunday, replacing Cognition, and couldn't be happier. My GPS WORKS. Period. No fussing about, turn it on and in about 20 seconds you are locked and rolling.

Also, I'm pretty sure it comes with the speed mod kernel in it, but if not, grab that too. Run the 500 with no color fix and you will get better battery life as well.

Reactions: ccooper405

ccooper405

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes the phone still works fine thankfully!. It is just really laggy and I can't get the GPS to lock onto anything. Is it because the kernel isn't original. It is running2.6.9 jateek.lee@sep-11#2. Also I have had little luck using Kies. It says that it is not supported in the US? Do I have any options for the backup files I have?

Ok so I updated via samsung kies mini. I haven't noticed anything different. GPS still says my location is currently unavailable

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
koop