Cant decide between the Nexus 6 or the Note 4.....

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Just because I entertain the opinions of others means little. I love what I have. If I wanted a Nexus 6, I would buy one.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

And if I had the Note 4 I would be on that forum or playing with my phone. I would check out other forums and send congrats to them, but would probably not post because I would not be interested in anything else except the phone I have.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
And if I had the Note 4 I would be on that forum or playing with my phone. I would check out other forums and send congrats to them, but would probably not post because I would not be interested in anything else except the phone I have.
That's you not me. I post on any forum I feel inclined to because I like to read what others have to say and because I have had around 40 smartphones in 7 years I feel like I have something to offer others.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been following this thread as much as the others so, I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but here's a really good comparison between the two phones. In this review I actually like the Note 4's camera shots a little better. The Nexus 6 camera shots are still good enough for me though. The reviewer also likes the video performance of the Note 4 better. This guy has a pretty good video camera, and looking at both screens in 1080P on my Imac, I see no advantage either way, they both look great. I do like the design and look of the software better on the Nexus 6, but that's just me. I think it's a fair review.

Tony DeLuce

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I am beginning to think Samsung is running scared of the Nexus 6 and has resorted to placing plants in the Nexus 6 forum. There are basically three trolls that have been posting non stop misinformation on the Nexus 6 and promoting the Note 4 to a ridiculous degree. There is no way a rational human being would spend this much time on another phone's forum without an agenda. Yes the Note 4 is a solid phone but coming from the Note 2 it is not enough to upgrade for me - it likely is for many others. For me the 6 inch screen size, Motorola build quality and cell radios, on Google feature, and getting Lollipop now instead of later has me excited about upgrading. The camera is similar quality and battery life should be the same and these will only get better with future Lollipop updates.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Lol he is calling people trolls but has no basis on it simply because "promoting" the note 4.... It's similar devices and as such will use it as reference. Multiple reviews stated the nexus 6 camera as good but not great and multiple reviews of the note 4 has praised the camera on the note 4. I have a dslr in my house and have used plenty of point and shoots and while neither are close to it I prefer the camera phone since it's easy and quick. Relative to the nexus 5 the nexus 6 camera is great and pretty good from reviews and pics but the note 4 camera is short of one of the best... On a cellphone. The guy making accusations just think people are having an agenda because it's simplly a different opinion which is vastly different and requires a good camera over stock Android

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
If there was a reasonable chance that the Verizon Note 4 would have an unlockable bootloader then that would be my preference. I don't think enough developer editions will be around to have a healthy rom development community. So Nexus 6 it is!

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Lol he is calling people trolls but has no basis on it simply because "promoting" the note 4.... It's similar devices and as such will use it as reference. Multiple reviews stated the nexus 6 camera as good but not great and multiple reviews of the note 4 has praised the camera on the note 4. I have a dslr in my house and have used plenty of point and shoots and while neither are close to it I prefer the camera phone since it's easy and quick. Relative to the nexus 5 the nexus 6 camera is great and pretty good from reviews and pics but the note 4 camera is short of one of the best... On a cellphone. The guy making accusations just think people are having an agenda because it's simplly a different opinion which is vastly different and requires a good camera over stock Android

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm starting to think the kid is a bot or something. He repeats ”For me the 6 inch screen size, Motorola build quality and cell radios, on Google feature, and getting Lollipop now instead of later has me excited about upgrading. The camera is similar quality and battery life should be the same and these will only get better with future Lollipop updates" in almost every thread. He isn't at all familiar with what he's talking about, but boy does he try.

Posted via the Android Central App

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to think the kid is a bot or something. He repeats ”For me the 6 inch screen size, Motorola build quality and cell radios, on Google feature, and getting Lollipop now instead of later has me excited about upgrading. The camera is similar quality and battery life should be the same and these will only get better with future Lollipop updates" in almost every thread. He isn't at all familiar with what he's talking about, but boy does he try.

Lol. I think battery life and camera are major improvements over the nexus 5 and can hold its own vs the note 4 but I think the note 4 is better.I actually like the Google camera app and if they saved pictures to my sd card I would use that instead. I might very well end up getting a nexus 6 because even with its flaws imo I like the software

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Lol. I think battery life and camera are major improvements over the nexus 5 and can hold its own vs the note 4 but I think the note 4 is better.I actually like the Google camera app and if they saved pictures to my sd card I would use that instead. I might very well end up getting a nexus 6 because even with its flaws imo I like the software

I think the camera hardware is improved, but the software is the issue. There's nothing more infuriating then using HDR+ and waiting 4-5 seconds for it to process when it's instant on other devices. And the focus time is still slow so capturing anything moving is a task. I wouldn't mind the minor step down in image quality if the software was better. I'd be optimistic they'd change it if they hadn't ignored it on the Nexus 5 for months.

I'm not worried about battery. Yeah it sucks they still haven't figured out how to optimize their software for better battery life, but the turbo charger and 3220 mah battery is more than enough for most people.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I think the camera hardware is improved, but the software is the issue. There's nothing more infuriating then using HDR+ and waiting 4-5 seconds for it to process when it's instant on other devices. And the focus time is still slow so capturing anything moving is a task. I wouldn't mind the minor step down in image quality if the software was better. I'd be optimistic they'd change it if they hadn't ignored it on the Nexus 5 for months.

I'm not worried about battery. Yeah it sucks they still haven't figured out how to optimize their software for better battery life, but the turbo charger and 3220 mah battery is more than enough for most people.

I don't use HDR much and software I mean android itself

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Does the Nexus 6 record 4K video? When I downloaded the Google camera app, I didn't see it as an option.

NerdTopper

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Where are you getting this 4-5 second lag? The video I posted shows that the guy can take pictures super fast.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Where are you getting this 4-5 second lag? The video I posted shows that the guy can take pictures super fast.

I'm talking about the HDR+ processing, not the shutter speed. I'd hope the shutter speed hasnt regressed from the Nexus 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter