Cant decide between the Nexus 6 or the Note 4.....

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I can say this, after having the Note 4 for a while now, and having everything set up the way that I like it, I am not interested in switching to any other device. I have made mistakes in the past in ditching the Note series and even Samsung products in the past because I let reviewers' or posters' criticisms get in the way of my better judgement and I have always ended up with a phone that I didn't truly enjoy. Chose the EVO 4G over the Epic- mistake. Droid 2 over Droid charge- mistake. Had the Note 2 and traded it for an-iPhone 5-mistake. Had a Note 3 traded it for Nexus 5-mistake. Had the Note 3 and traded it for iPhone 5s-mistake. Had launch day Note 4 and returned it for iPhone 6 Plus-mistake. Now I have the Note 4 again and am very content. I hope I have learned my lesson. And it has been a very expensive and time consuming lesson. I know Samsung isn't for everyone, but they seem to be able to read my mind when it comes to the products they release. Going to stay on this train awhile. This smartphone is unreal.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

Ambivalencetech

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I could get N4 or N6. It's a tie so far me and not in a rush. I think you're likely more objective since you've done your share of hopping around. Are there specific things you did to set up the N4 the way you like it? What are the minor software quirks with it? Is there anyway to get a factory unlocked N4 straight from Sammy? It'll be a more balanced discussion when N6 folks actually have their devices in hand.

Posted via Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I could get N4 or N6. It's a tie so far me and not in a rush. I think you're likely more objective since you've done your share of hopping around. Are there specific things you did to set up the N4 the way you like it? What are the minor software quirks with it? Is there anyway to get a factory unlocked N4 straight from Sammy? It'll be a more balanced discussion when N6 folks actually have their devices in hand.

Posted via Android Central App
To be honest, I'm one of those users that actually likes Touch Wiz. It offers a lot of features that I couldn't find through other apps. The way I have my homescreens set up is with my main apps and I use the "my places" widget. It changes the apps displayed and the sound profile based on my location (work, home, in the car, and the gym). I also use a combination of S-voice and Google Now. I have my S-note folders created. All of my default apps set. And of course I'm an S-pen user. I use it for everything.The important thing for me was reading the user manual and watching the various videos on YouTube. They have been very helpful in unlocking the full potential of this device. I think some users who complain about the camera may want to research the various camera settings. They definitely help. I take great photos.

NerdTopper

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
After thinking long and hard about whether I should stay with the Note 4.....I ended up deciding to return the phone so I can try out the Nexus 6. Returning the Note 4 was not an easy choice, I actually ended up rushing to the closest ATT store last night, 30 minutes before it closed, and on the last day of my 14 day return window for the phone just to return it. So far after seeing/reading almost all the reviews that are out right now for the Nexus 6, I can safely conclude that the Nexus 6 might be a better phone for me. If the Nexus 6 does not meet my expectations once I actually use it for a few days then I don't think I could ever go back to a Samsung device until they address TouchWiz. I find this video to be one of the best reviews for the Nexus 6 so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnQqS54Ba0E

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
After thinking long and hard about whether I should stay with the Note 4.....I ended up deciding to return the phone so I can try out the Nexus 6. Returning the Note 4 was not an easy choice, I actually ended up rushing to the closest ATT store last night, 30 minutes before it closed, and on the last day of my 14 day return window for the phone just to return it. So far after seeing/reading almost all the reviews that are out right now for the Nexus 6, I can safely conclude that the Nexus 6 might be a better phone for me. If the Nexus 6 does not meet my expectations once I actually use it for a few days then I don't think I could ever go back to a Samsung device until they address TouchWiz. I find this video to be one of the best reviews for the Nexus 6 so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnQqS54Ba0E

I usually like and dislike technobuffalo at times lol . This actually sounds promising more I think about it I am thinking of getting the nexus 6 even with my opinion of the camera ....now if I can find one I'll go probably buy it and sell note 4. I am ignoring hardware and software wise is very appealing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I usually like and dislike technobuffalo at times lol . This actually sounds promising more I think about it I am thinking of getting the nexus 6 even with my opinion of the camera ....now if I can find one I'll go probably buy it and sell note 4. I am ignoring hardware and software wise is very appealing

Funny how that review made me like my Note 4 even more.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Funny how that review made me like my Note 4 even more.

Funny I was set on the note 4 and that one comes along and makes me wonder lol. I do prefer stock android and that white background has grown on me seeing it. A big factor is I don't use the s pen a lot and I just want the biggest high quality screen possible ( why I didn't get the mega or mega 2)

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Funny I was set on the note 4 and that one comes along and makes me wonder lol. I do prefer stock android and that white background has grown on me seeing it. A big factor is I don't use the s pen a lot and I just want the biggest high quality screen possible ( why I didn't get the mega or mega 2)

That makes sense. If you don't use the pen or the features associated with it, then I can see why you would lean toward the Nexus 6.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
That makes sense. If you don't use the pen or the features associated with it, then I can see why you would lean toward the Nexus 6.

Prefer the camera on the note 4 and screen but oddly enough software is where I am considering the nexus 6. Question through ....how do I sell a Verizon phone that is being financed ? If I can get this phone sold around $650-$700 I'll take it and buy a nexus 6

I find the t-mobile variant fine with pretty much no lag but the Verizon version is quite laggy in comparison

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Prefer the camera on the note 4 and screen but oddly enough software is where I am considering the nexus 6. Question through ....how do I sell a Verizon phone that is being financed ? If I can get this phone sold around $650-$700 I'll take it and buy a nexus 6

I find the t-mobile variant fine with pretty much no lag but the Verizon version is quite laggy in comparison

You can sell it. You will still have to make the payments though.

Chuondroid

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
How did the video make you like your Note 4 more?

I have to agree. With the N6 offering subpar battery life and picture quality, this was enough gloom in my cup. But not to despair. I do acknowledge that there are mixed reviews on both departments floating on the net at this time. I will have to wait to make my final judgement whether to drop the N4 for the N6 or keep the N4 a while longer. Besides, if most reviews eventually agree that battery and camera on the N6 aren't better than the N4, we can only concur.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree. With the N6 offering subpar battery life and picture quality, this was enough gloom in my cup. But not to despair. I do acknowledge that there are mixed reviews on both departments floating on the net at this time. I will have to wait to make my final judgement whether to drop the N4 for the N6 or keep the N4 a while longer. Besides, if most reviews eventually agree that battery and camera on the N6 aren't better than the N4, we can only concur.

Considering how much faster the Note 4's camera is than Google's software, that's a huge plus for the Note 4. Not to mention I can't see the Nexus matching the Note 4 in image quality, either. As far as battery goes, Samsung went to great lengths to optimize their software for both the Note 4 and S5. Google has always had pretty poor battery life on their Nexus devices, but the thing that drives me nuts is how wildly inconsistent the battery life is. I can't say the same for the 6 out of personal experience, but I have to imagine it's similar due to software (and Dieter from the Verge eluded to it in his review).

Posted via the Android Central App

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I can say this, after having the Note 4 for a while now, and having everything set up the way that I like it, I am not interested in switching to any other device. I have made mistakes in the past in ditching the Note series and even Samsung products in the past because I let reviewers' or posters' criticisms get in the way of my better judgement and I have always ended up with a phone that I didn't truly enjoy. Chose the EVO 4G over the Epic- mistake. Droid 2 over Droid charge- mistake. Had the Note 2 and traded it for an-iPhone 5-mistake. Had a Note 3 traded it for Nexus 5-mistake. Had the Note 3 and traded it for iPhone 5s-mistake. Had launch day Note 4 and returned it for iPhone 6 Plus-mistake. Now I have the Note 4 again and am very content. I hope I have learned my lesson. And it has been a very expensive and time consuming lesson. I know Samsung isn't for everyone, but they seem to be able to read my mind when it comes to the products they release. Going to stay on this train awhile. This smartphone is unreal.

Sure, sure, but you're here reading up on the Nexus 6. :)

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Just because I entertain the opinions of others means little. I love what I have. If I wanted a Nexus 6, I would buy one.