Changing from Gear S2 to Galaxy watch

Pinmac

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I've just bought a Galaxy watch to replace my S2 and it's currently charging. It's only just occurred to me that I don't know what to do next. It's telling me to download the Galaxy Wearable app but obviously I already have that. Do I need to somehow uninstall the S2 so that I can get the Galaxy going or can they run concurrently on the same app on my phone? Thanks for any help.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I haven't been out here in a few days. I switched from the S2 to the Galaxy Watch in November. Let me know if you have any questions.

Pinmac

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, I have been enjoying fiddling around to get my new watch set up as I like it. The one thing I don't seem to be able to do is getting podcasts to sync and play on the watch. I can use the watch as a remote for playing the podcast on the phone which is great but I would like to just be able to use the watch but this doesn't seem to be possible.

Peter621022

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I can use the watch as a remote for playing the podcast on the phone which is great but I would like to just be able to use the watch but this doesn't seem to be possible.

If you have the BT version of the Galaxy Watch you are depending on having your Phone nearby to listen to PodCasts streams anyway, so I'd say problem solved (listen to the podcast through your Phone)?

For the LTE version of the watch I don't think there is is an option to listen to podcasts directly. The Spotify app is often mentioned, but the Spotify app for the Galaxy Watch doesn't have that option yet as far as I know.

For both versions: what I would try is to find a podcast app on your Phone that allows downloading the podcasts as audio file, transfer the audio file to your watch and then listen to it from your watch.

Haven't tried it, but that may be an option?