Changing SD Card

glaustin

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys
I've had the same SD card for a couple of years but now I have a Note2, I need something bigger than the few megabites this one provides! Are there any procedures I should follow when I remove the existing card and replace it with the larger SD (as I want to avoid any problems of the new one being recognised, etc.)?

Regards,
Graham

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys
I've had the same SD card for a couple of years but now I have a Note2, I need something bigger than the few megabites this one provides! Are there any procedures I should follow when I remove the existing card and replace it with the larger SD (as I want to avoid any problems of the new one being recognised, etc.)?

Regards,
Graham

You shouldn't have any problems reading the card. Just make sure you unmount it via Settings>Storage> scroll down to unmount SD card. The easiest and fastest way to transfer all your data would be to unmount it, put it into an adapter and then a card reader into your PC. Create a folder for all your stuff and then drag and drop. Eject the old SD card, swap out the old for the new in the reader, and reinsert the reader, and drag and drop again.

This does 2 things actually. Like I said, speed is one, but it also gives you a back up copy of all your stuff in case you haven't done it before.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
razpie