Charging port breaking?

Halifax

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm just paranoid, but my micro USB cables are incredibly loose in my phone. It still charges just fine, but is there any history of these ports breaking with any ease (on anything, not just the GS3), or are they known for being tough? And if it breaks, would that be covered by the device's warranty?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
usually yes it is covered by the watrenty but I have had the original OEM charge cable become extreamly loose got a new cable under warranty and haven't had an issue since my advice try a different charging cable and if it snaps in title its simply the cable

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm just paranoid, but my micro USB cables are incredibly loose in my phone. It still charges just fine, but is there any history of these ports breaking with any ease (on anything, not just the GS3), or are they known for being tough? And if it breaks, would that be covered by the device's warranty?

The looseness is usually caused by the value and not the phone. Try another cable.

Halifax

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I'll try another cable, then. I thought this happened with all three of my cables but maybe I'm mistaken, or just need all new cables. I'll report back if it helps or not later today so I can verify the fix in case anyone else is curious about this.

It just worried me at first because I never had a cable feel loose on my last phone. On my Samsung Seek it always felt really tight, even with the cables I'm using now.

Halifax

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the cable that came with the phone fits great, but all my others are loose, but they all feel nice and tight in my old phone. Guess I'll just use the newer cable.

jdel30

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
My Gs3 Charging port became loose after 7 weeks and now doesn't charge at all. Tried three different cables. Refurm phone on the way, but it makes me paranoid for when the warrant runs out and its 600.00 to replace! This isn't right!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hapily02