Charging?

JoshH1

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
So I've got two quick charging related issues.

1. I have a blackberry car charger, (it's not RIM brand, looks generic) it's just a regular mini USB end. Obviously it fits, but is it safe to charge my eris with this?

2. (kind of dumb) Right now my eris is charging, the Notification light is Orange. The battery isn't "graphically" charging. (not moving back and forth) but there is a lighting bolt. Will the led turn green and the lighting bolt disappear? or is it fully charged?

sbrashear

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
JoshH -

1. I've been using the car charger that I bought for by Blackberry with my Eris and haven't had any issues. I think the voltage needs to be equal to or less than 5 volts.

2. Not sure what to say about the graphic not charging. When it is done charging the light will turn green. It might be so close to being finished charging that you doesn't show any more.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
1. yes pretty much any mini usb charger will work.

2. if the light is orange and you see the lightning bolt it should be charging. if you want to make sure, go to settings, about, battery and it will tell you its' status.

and yes, the light will turn green and the bolt will disappear when it's fully charged

JoshH1

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys, I've only had this thing for 3-4 days now. I love it...Android in my opinion is so much nicer than the iPhone OS. (as I type this from my mac :p) I just wish the battery life was a bit better.

kart38

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I didn't like the short USB cables that come with the phones so we just use Motorola Bluetooth headset chargers to charge our phones when near an outlet. We've never had a problem with them, though I did check the specs on the chargers before using them.

Jason

JoshH1

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Awesome. I may have to spend my verizon rebate on one. :p
My wife and I didn't like the short USB cables that come with the phones so we just use Motorola Bluetooth headset chargers to charge our phones when near an outlet. We've never had a problem with them, though I did check the specs on the chargers before using them.

Jason
Yeah i'm going to run out and grab mine, just to make sure it's 5v.

mdecker

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah as long as it is the right voltage, then it is safe to use with your Eris. I did the research and don't see a problem with using standard mini USBs. HTC is just being unique in the way that they make there chargers.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I have not used a charger yet that has not worked with it.....Even my old blackberry curve charger does fine.