Complete Newb Question

teedizz

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I have never rooted, unlocked, etc to my phone. Ive been a stock King for years with Android but i think the time has come that I venture off.

Basically all I want to be able to do is add new themes to the phone. I dont like the launchers in the app store because they slow my phone down wayyyy too much. Im hoping that wouldnt be the case if I rooted and then added themes that way.

What are the minimal requirements for me to achieve this? Do I root, or unlock or something else? I dont understand the different between ANY of them so please let me know.

Also, where can I check out new themes that I can add?

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Read the first page or so of the stickies at the top of this section (Don't Panic and How to Unlock/Root) or click the links in 2defmouze or dmmarck's sigs if **when** they respond. I'd recommend Wug's Toolkit as well, but try to understand "they long way"too. The nexii are thee devices with which to get your feet wet :D Good luck.

teedizz

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Good lookin. Now here go another newb question but it is what it is. Is the Play store when rooted the same as when on a non rooted phone? I know the iPhone has that cidia type store or whatever and just wondering if it was the same for Android.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45