[Contest] Win one of 20 NDrive licenses WINNERS ANNOUNCED INSIDE

anon(5320)

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Entered...agree about the space for a detailed review on market.
It took the better part of 2 days to download...it will allow you to resume download after completing a "section" of the map (I think it's broken down into 4 parts).
1)State maps would be helpful or ability to download on home computer and transfer to phone
2)Would rather have qwerty keyboard or just use the android keyboard
3)Navigation is smooth and GPS accurate to about 50 feet (it takes the GPS about 20-40 seconds to lock whereas other apps tend to need 10-20).

Overall pretty good and will enjoy the free trial (with the 4 days I have left)

Last edited:

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Added an initial comment that I'll refine as I use it more...surprised there aren't any other offline nav apps on android yet...

They can't break up the maps into states if you want cross state routing...been using other nav apps on WM for a while and they're all like that.

Really sucks that map download resume is only on specific chunks :p

Last edited:

Iphonehack

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
For those of you posting......."would be helpful to download on home computer and transfer to phone"...... A person can downloaded to their computer VIA the NDrive website, but through the AM there is simply no way; making this an Android issue NOT an NDrive issue, it has not been overlooked as some have indicated, it is simply unavailable by Android at the moment.

delsolracing

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Just got a Droid X and one of the first apps I installed because I am heading on a trip, took a while to get installed but loving it. Great App!!

Entered into the contest, good luck everyone!

scottyb482

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
This has to be the worst navigation app I've tried... two days to download map, graphics too small to read while driving! Co-Pilot Live is a much better navigation app that allows you to download maps to pc then USB to phone. Much better graphics.

epakrat75

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Where is the setting to switch the software's voice prompting to Feet / Miles instead of Meters?

It took ages to download the USA Map. I downloaded this map because it's all I need and seemed less expensive than the North American Map which might have taken even longer. Using WiFi didn't prove any faster than 3G.

I found the kph to mph switch but not the other. Is this an oversight that US users will have to endure if they want to continue to use the product? Seems unthinkable considering the software is v10. I'm hoping I'm just rather blind, etc instead. :p

I have contacted the developer through their site. In case I don't get a response before the contest is over, I thought I'd post here as well since I can't really review it in this state.

I'll also be reviewing Co-Pilot Live v8 in the meantime while I wait. Based upon map cost, they appears equal. May the best product win.

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
For those of you posting......."would be helpful to download on home computer and transfer to phone"...... A person can downloaded to their computer VIA the NDrive website, but through the AM there is simply no way; making this an Android issue NOT an NDrive issue, it has not been overlooked as some have indicated, it is simply unavailable by Android at the moment.

When I installed the software, it prompted me to immediately download some 33MB of data. The program did not offer me the option of downloading it via my PC instead.

After I downloaded that data, the program prompted me to download maps. Again, nothing told me I could do it from their web site. How am I to know that's an option if the program doesn't tell me? The typical Android user will download it from the market, not go searching for the vendor's web site.

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
that reminds me...what happened to Navigon and Tomtom?

Last I heard, they were supposed to be available in March of this year...

junipertodd

May 7, 2010
Visit site
NDRIVE needs to store maps on SD card

I posted my comments on the site. In short, NDRIVE needs the ability to install their maps on the DINC's SD card. Too big for the phone's internal storage. Either that, or offer state-by-state maps for the US.

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
It's actually not bad...UI feels a lot snappier than tomtom. Only negative is you have to click on smaller areas (e.g., "cross street" is a listbox item instead of a big button).

Anyone know what the upgrade policy is on this? I.e., what it costs to upgrade to the next version or new maps? And what happens if you switch to a new phone (can you move the software to it)?
Co-pilot Live is cheaper, but this looks like it has more features...

p.s., maps are on the SD card...it's installed on my lowly Cliq which doesn't have internal memory to hold the 2.6GB of map data :)