[Contest] Win one of 20 NDrive licenses WINNERS ANNOUNCED INSIDE

bseblman

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could combine ndrive with google navigation as both have some good things that combined, would make a stellar navigation app. It was easy to use ndrive in all, but I wish it spoke street names like google nav. The poi's on the map were kinda small and tough to hit a specific one when several poi's were very close together as you couldn't zoom in past a certain point. I loved the lane assist, and I loved that it gave more verbal direction when driving on a freeway and approaching an intersection of freeways in addition to the lane assist graphic. That is definitely much better than what the google nav does. So I did enjoy ndrive, and I would be very happy to have it if I get so lucky to win it. ;-)

(bseblman)

ps: the above was what I put in my review too

Last edited:

sojourner753

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I tried several times to download the maps over wifi to no avail. The closest I got after leaving it over night was 36%.
Now I can't even get to the Android Market on my phone or from my laptop.
Google sends me to a page saying that it things I'm running some kind of automated process.

Edit: Apparently its down for other too.
Here's a link to over at XDA-Developers.

Although its the only place that I've seen mentioning it. I would think that there would be more news about it. I didn't hear anything about a scheduled maintenance.

Last edited:

gimpyestrada

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm in for the contest

It seems like a very nice piece of software.

I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Allow us to select the maps that are to be downloaded and stored. over 2GB for the US map is a LOT of space on a mobile phone. I would rather download only my state/region and select other places later. I am OK with purchasing all of the US, but I want selective downloading.

2. I've got a Motorola Droid and when I change from portrait to landscape the screen goes all wonky for about a second. For a high priced app, that shouldn't happen.

3. Don't know why you aren't using the standard keyboard, but I don't like what they use. Not even qwerty! What the heck is this?

I wish that I was traveling this week so I could really try it out.

skeeve

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I've entered the contest. As I said in my comment, I'm often in places that don't have any cell service so having offline maps is such a huge thing for me. I would instantly be one of your biggest promoters if I won this contest! I'm trying to decide if I can afford to buy it even if I don't win, but that might be tough as I'm a poor college student :p

MDearing

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Is the USA Map REALLY 2 gigs large? I mean, that's huge. Is there a way to download it on my computer and copy them over to my sdcard?

Yeah, I downloaded it.

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm a poor college student :p

How much money a week do you spend on alcohol? I remember the college days :D

Continuing w/ my review, I wish you could turn off the notification that you lost GPS signal (seems to happen a lot on my Moto Cliq which doesn't have as good a GPS antenna as a standalone GPS receiver) or at least do a visual indication like Tomtom where they change the color of the routing indicators. It's pretty annoying when you're using a music player in the background.
It also needs a mode where it doesn't muck w/ the volume settings when it says something. And 1 to 5 levels of volume control aren't enough to balance w/ the music player. I wanted to use 2.5 or 3.5 depending on the volume of my media player.

bah1976

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I've entered - it looks like a promising app. I unfortunately have to wait for samsung to fix their GPS issue before i can really try it out. Without a license, that's going to put me past the 7-day trial.

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
voice prompts erratic

Wish it prompted more consistently like Tomtom which gave me 1000' then 500' then 100' warnings (it just said "turn left" when it got to 100') or made a ding noise when it was time to turn 20' from the corner like iGuidance.

I've gotten some weird prompts though...like stay in the left lane, then take the exit (which is on the right side) on roads that haven't changed in a while...

mupi

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Entered. I'm just going to add my voice to the chorus of "I <3 nDrive". Once you get past the initial download, it absolutely knocks the socks off Google Maps Navigation. And where else can you find a full featured GPS for ~$25?