Could sweat on ear piece damage speaker? Sorry for stupid question.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Stupid question so don't hate me.. But how many of you talk on your phone say outside in the heat, and sweat on the ear piece enough to make it pretty wet and have to wipe it dry? I work outside in a noisy environment and have to keep the phone up to my ear to talk. This happened to me and now it might just be me, but seems like the sound from the ear piece seems a lot lower than before. Could this hurt the speaker? Just curious! And sorry again if it's a dumb question.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I would go with yes on this one. If you can't hear your caller with the phone 1" from your ear and don't want to use the speakerphone, you should use the headphones or a bluetooth earpiece.

The Jabra earpieces are great for noisy environments.

Posted via Android Central App

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I also seem to have that problem ear piece out but speaker part works and headset.....is it done - done , or is fixable?

My earpiece still works, but now instead of having the in call volume at 50% or less like I used too, now after I was sweating on the phone, I have to keep the volume at around 75% now. The sound is still clear but almost like the person on the other side has there hand over there mouth. Like muffled. I'm afraid if I warranty it, I will get one with more problems. Especially since I got this new over a month ago.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress