Couple Questions

arekieh

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, im planning on grabbing a milestone on thursday when it releases in canada. but i have a couple questions

1. Hows the vibrate? my phone is on vibrate 99% of the time, and the reason i sold my storm 2 is because of the ****ty vibrating.

2. how are notifications? can you set different colors of led's for different things (ex: text, email, missed call), and are there any little indicators on the screen of unread/unseen messages (like blackberries)

3. whats the bootup time like

thanks

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
1.I came from the Storm 9530 (first gen) I have to say the viberate is about the same maybe better I do now notice when I get a call.

2.Defaultly you can't (anyone correct me if I'm wrong) but there are plenty of apps that do it for you the notifications show on the top of the device even before you unlock which is nice, but apps like handcent give you popups when you get txt allowing quick reply without having to unlock device or find the txt message along with custom LED colors and custom notifications on the notification bar(top bar).

3.I could cook a full meal while I waited for my storm to boot now it is very quick just timed it and it took about 1 min a little under but you will not have to do battery pulls like you did on the BB.

Hey guys, im planning on grabbing a milestone on thursday when it releases in canada. but i have a couple questions

1. Hows the vibrate? my phone is on vibrate 99% of the time, and the reason i sold my storm 2 is because of the ****ty vibrating.

2. how are notifications? can you set different colors of led's for different things (ex: text, email, missed call), and are there any little indicators on the screen of unread/unseen messages (like blackberries)

thanks

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
1. Hows the vibrate? my phone is on vibrate 99% of the time, and the reason i sold my storm 2 is because of the poor vibrating.
The vibrate is all little weaker than a BB storm 9530
Their are apps in the market that allow for these mods. but it is not a standard control
boot up time is in the range of 30 secs on an unrooted.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Vibrate is 100x's better than my BB 9550! And boot time is way under one minute, versus the 6-7 minute boot time of my Storm 2. Well, my *former* Storm 2.

Last edited:

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Cory, what app allows you control of the LED? I know one called like missed call but it only worked for missed calls and sms or something, not very helpful.

I want an Android version of BerryBuzz

arekieh

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Cory, what app allows you control of the LED? I know one called like missed call but it only worked for missed calls and sms or something, not very helpful.

I want an Android version of BerryBuzz

lol exactly, berrybuzz is awesome..

About the vibrate. i dunno how good the 9530 was. but the 9550 blows.

Theres no actual vibrate mechanism, the screen is what vibrates. If u guys are saying its worse than the 9530 and the 9530 is as bad as the 9550 than thats basically a deal breaker for me.

devarshi

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
My first Droid had a much weaker vibrate than the second one I got for warranty issue. The second one is strong enough that I feel it when I'm on my motorcycle.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
lol exactly, berrybuzz is awesome..

About the vibrate. i dunno how good the 9530 was. but the 9550 blows.

Theres no actual vibrate mechanism, the screen is what vibrates. If u guys are saying its worse than the 9530 and the 9530 is as bad as the 9550 than thats basically a deal breaker for me.

It definitely not worse than the 9530, its just different. The 9530's vibrate is about shaking things to peices. Where as the droid has a finess like vibrate. Its a good balance of sticcato style vibration. That said, because its not trying to get your attention at all costs, I have failed to notice it a few times, but I wear loose pockets, so if jeans are your thing, you'll be fine.

arekieh

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
It definitely not worse than the 9530, its just different. The 9530's vibrate is about shaking things to peices. Where as the droid has a finess like vibrate. Its a good balance of sticcato style vibration. That said, because its not trying to get your attention at all costs, I have failed to notice it a few times, but I wear loose pockets, so if jeans are your thing, you'll be fine.

solid thanks for the info

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Does anybody else ever experience that phantom vibrate from their phone? your phone may not even be in your pocket and you still feel it vibrate? My paranoia first got developed because of the 9530. I've noticed it has subsided a little since i got my droid. That may be because i have a reason "DROID!" to not be in vibrate anymore.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582