Curious. Who is switching and From what???

What are you switching from to get the Evo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kkacatin

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I love webOS and I believe it will be a strong OS in the future, but for my next year, I'm going to use the Evo because it's new hardware, Android has matured, and I can upgrade now with my Sprint Premier account.

Sprint's upgrade plan will not hurt me because whenever the next Palm device is released on Sprint, I'll either have a $75 to upgrade in 6 months or $150 next year to upgrade to another phone.

Thanks Sprint for having an awesome upgrade system!

taalibeen

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have my EVO Prē-ordered through Radio Shack.

If you didn't catch the not so sly reference, I'll be moving from the Palm Prē.

I really like the Pre and WebOS, but the hardware build quality is awful, and I'm on my 5th replacement.

I feel kinda bad about the switch, I'm even an app developer for the Pre and have an app in the catalog and an update in the works.

Oh well, I'm pretty sure all my guilt will melt away once I get the EVO in my hand.

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
Ill be switching over from the BB Tour 9630 running OS 5.0.0.624 and I can't wait either. I have never met a more smug and ravenous group of users as blackberry users. Heaven forbid you post some minute piece of inaccurate info or some otherwise undesired info for you will find yourself crucified by these so called BB gods. I relish the moment when I can toss away a far inferior phone for what is sure to be the future. Open source is the way and Google leads the charge.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Like many others, I'm leaving WebOS because of hardware issues. I love the OS and it's potential...but the hardware issues are frustrating. This is the 1st phone that I've ever had to get replacements on. I'm on phone number 3 and it too has the same cracks the others developed.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have finally found a reason to leave the iPhone. The Incredible was tempting, but I stuck with my 3GS. The EVO on the other hand blows me away!

supermauro

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Me and my brother are switching from iPhone. EVO is a much better phone, Sprint service is less expensive and I can't wait put and end on AT&T's dropped calls, I live in San Francisco, I drive to work everyday 11 miles each way and I get at least 4 dropped calls guaranteed, I don't even call friends anymore from my car because they get upset and make fun of my iphone, specially my verizon friends. I had a Treo Centro on Sprint before buying an Iphone and never had issues here in SF. I love the iphone but AT&T sucks so bad! Also I am not happy on how Apple controls what's on the iphone. I think I'll be very happy with the EVO and all its wonders!

MrMercedes

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm switching from an I-phone 3G. I figure it's time for me to move on. I hate the fact I have to jailbreak my I-phone to get it to where I like it. I am going to miss the App selection but I know in time android will prevail......I just hope Sprint coverage doesn't suck in my area. (Sacramento, CA)

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Switching from a Palm Pre/webOS... but definitely purchasing a HP/webOS tablet in the fall. Hopefully Palm can put out a competitive device using webOS by next year and they'll certainly have my business back.

(also keeping my Pre as a back up just b/c I still love it)

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
So as of now, we have almost half of all voters coming from Palm Pre. Second loser being Blackberry by about half of that. I am very surprised to see that more people are coming from iPhone than Windows. Not very surprised to see that Nokia's loyal base is going to remain.

GenericMusings

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I will be switching from a June 06, 2009 release Palm Pre. My year is up, Sprint say's I can upgrade my "ride" and I don't see a hint of anything in the wind from Palm. Perhaps in a year or two I will see what (if anything) is available from Palm/HP at that time.

The thing is, the more I see and hear about the EVO the more I actually like. The video I saw with the reviewer using the GUI seemed to me to be fairly similar to the Pre. Didn't look anywhere near as horrible as some would have me believe. Looking forward to getting ahold of an EVO soon, though I don't think I'll be standing in line for one if it comes down to that.

ayman86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
So as of now, we have almost half of all voters coming from Palm Pre. Second loser being Blackberry by about half of that. I am very surprised to see that more people are coming from iPhone than Windows. Not very surprised to see that Nokia's loyal base is going to remain.

wasnt windows added to the poll half way into the voting thus the results being skewed?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware