ARCHIVED: [Custom Recovery] Optimus S/ Thunderc-sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Google this recovery-thunderc-s-RA-v1.2-GNM.img its the most current recovery and its on another forum so dont click the one that shows android central then use the same commands you have been using and youll be good to go

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

chinochino360

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
help

i dont know what im doing wrong i have a rooted hero and everything goes perfect, but with this ive tried several times and what i get is INVALID LENGHT WHEN I PUT IN THE SECOND COMAND the recovery image
:(

c1phr

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Can all of the terminal instructions just be done from a terminal emulator on the phone, or is the Android SDK and ADB required? I'm rooted with z4root so I didn't end up using any of that.

batboy#AC

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
it worked perfectly and i even flashed the thunder rom. BUT, now when ever i power off and power on, it automatically goes to the recovery screen even though i do not press the home-vol-power keys. this may be an issue so proceed w/ caution

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Can all of the terminal instructions just be done from a terminal emulator on the phone, or is the Android SDK and ADB required? I'm rooted with z4root so I didn't end up using any of that.

I did it using connectbot. No problem.

MonKei

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Recovery environment worked great for me, installed like a charm using ADB Shell -> super user window open on the phone to grant permissions.
I've used backup and restore quite a few times.
Thanks!

lionedas

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, what do you do when you get stuck in the recovery?

From what Ive read the phone is now bricked,
I'm in the same boat, ROM worked good for a few hours,
unplugged my phone from my PC, it rebooted, why I'm not sure
and after that it just went to the endless recovery screen
flashing the ROM over doesn't work, it just boots back to recovery.

oh well

If anyone has any ideas please help!

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

oh well

Great, just wiping my phone from the privacy menu bricked it? Gonna be really fun to tell my wife that she can't get her phone replaced tomorrow since mine is fubar.

ltrz

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Great, just wiping my phone from the privacy menu bricked it? Gonna be really fun to tell my wife that she can't get her phone replaced tomorrow since mine is fubar.

if you tried to reset ur phone from under privacy menu while it was running thunder rom or custom recovery. it will throw you to the custom recovery screen and going to any of the selections wont help. reboot, wipe, udb/sd, etc. all you can do is power down. (even in cmd it throws u back into custom recovery)

if this is what's happening then its a lost cause. this came up on me last week. and since then still no solutions other than try to get another optimus s.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
if you tried to reset ur phone from under privacy menu while it was running thunder rom or custom recovery. it will throw you to the custom recovery screen and going to any of the selections wont help. reboot, wipe, udb/sd, etc. all you can do is power down. (even in cmd it throws u back into custom recovery)

if this is what's happening then its a lost cause. this came up on me last week. and since then still no solutions other than try to get another optimus s.

thats what i did. i managed to unbrick this phone once before so i know i can do it again. and i've wiped from the privacy menu while running thunderrom too

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

oh well

follow the directions at http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...-v8-stock-rom-failed-v9-upgrades-tep-ect.html

phufool

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
What does it mean to put the file in the "root" of your SD card? Do you make a folder called root and place the file in there? Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord