Data connection issue?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The connection issues are fixed with a new baseband that'll be coming in the first update. Of course, that update is 30-60 days away. Very likely to be the end of December.

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Went by the store to try out the Bionic since 4g launched here about 2 weeks ago, and it was the only phone without 4g signal. Even the hokey pantech breakout pulled a 10 meg speedtest and the droid charge came in at 21 meg :eek:! Did some reboots and tried the other one in the store, which wouldn't even boot. Meanwhile random people were walking in and buying bionics with zero testing. I guess the delays on the Rezound and Nex are working for VZW.... hype really is king with these customers.

csimme01

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
For what its worth..
I installed the ota updates last night.
Went out and about this morning to check it out.
Sitting where i used to get 4 bars and 3g but was unable to get a data connection before, i was able to surf and got a speed test of 2.5 mbps. Also noticed a big difference in battery life. I know diy is not for everyone but i highly recommend the updates for those who are frustrated. You dont need to be rooted to get the updates. If you google it, it will be found.

ALLgoodABQ

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
So heres were I stand... my first Bionic that I got two days after release from Best Buy had a camera issue where it took almost 4-5 secs to take a photo and the video would constantly keep focusing, and I had the speaker cracking issue while watching netflix and some other videos. But NEVER had a connection issue! However, that was before 4G was released here in Albuquerque, NM. I exchanged my first bionic for an iPhone 4s (don't ask)... sold that for a healthy profit, and today bought another bionic from this dude. Camera works perfect now, no crackling from the speaker, but now I have this stupid 4G data connection issue. My house is across the street from a verizon tower, and every phone I've had thru verizon has ALWAYS had full bars here. Now... 4G will show up maybe with 2-3 bars. Then a few mins later the 4G will disappear and 3G will come up, but only with 3-4 bars. Then that will go away and back to 4G.
So who knows what the is going on but this stuff better be fixed quick!!!!:mad:

tkong

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Bringing this thread back up since I'm having the same issue. Has anyone tried doing a hard reset? If so, has that fixed it? Has anyone tried removing both the battery and the SIM card and/or getting a brand new SIM card (I remember someone getting a new on on the Droid Charge forums and that helped him)?

I did a hard reset, and the problem persists. My only remedy is to pull the battery out when it does that.

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh and to add that 4G was released here October 20th. Don't know if that has anything to do with it...

I'm in ABQ too. I just posted that I tried the store's bionic to no avail. Phones sitting 2 feet away had 5 bars of 4G while the bionic had zero. I think Moto is the problem honestly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware