Data connection issue?

nlowhor

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I seem to be having some issues with losing all data connections. The 3G/4G indicator will disappear for awhile and the signal bars will show a strong signal but be white instead of blue. Also, checking in the About phone, Status shows "Mobile network type: Unknown" when it's like this.

I actually had a similar issue on my Thunderbolt where I would just lose the data connection sometimes and be unable to get it to come back. It seemed to just come back when it wanted to.

Thoughts?
Thanks!

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Very good question. I often had the same issue with my Droid X, I always had to reboot it to force it to reconnect. Hopefully this won't be a problem on the Bionic!

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
That started happening to me on my OG droid about once a day...seemingly after the 18th of august when 4g was turned on in Omaha.

Ill be curious to see if my bionic does this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any data issues with my Bionic. It's kept 4G signal all day today and didn't once drop to 1x like my Thunderbolt would sometimes.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I seem to be having some issues with losing all data connections. The 3G/4G indicator will disappear for awhile and the signal bars will show a strong signal but be white instead of blue. Also, checking in the About phone, Status shows "Mobile network type: Unknown" when it's like this.

I actually had a similar issue on my Thunderbolt where I would just lose the data connection sometimes and be unable to get it to come back. It seemed to just come back when it wanted to.

Thoughts?
Thanks!

This happens to me as well on my DroidX, but as I move to different areas of town, it starts wroking again. If I wanted my data to come back right away, a quick flip of airplain mode on and off resolves the issue.

Not sure what is happening, but have not noticed it on my Bionic yet, but only have had it for about 24 hours with minimal use due to work....

nlowhor

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Apparently that's the case. However, it doesn't work well or that feature doesn't work on some parts of the network and was causing issues. If it's enabled and can be disabled, it reverts back to the regular 3G network when there's no 4G. Would like to try it out.

Pabster

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem frequently with my bionic. I am going to post it in the Motorola users forum. I would encourage you to do the same. Moto will look into the problem if it seems to be affecting multiple users.

I have been able to get it to reconect by toggling airplane mode on/off.

Aioka

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem frequently with my bionic. I am going to post it in the Motorola users forum. I would encourage you to do the same. Moto will look into the problem if it seems to be affecting multiple users.

I have been able to get it to reconect by toggling airplane mode on/off.

I am having this same exact issue and so far that is the only way i have also found to get it working again. Definatly looks like a Bionic bug :(

Davest

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the list. My data connection drops seemingly randomly, and the only way I have to get it back is to reboot the phone - toggling airplane mode doesn't help in ny case. Interestingly, this is the same behavior I saw on my OG droid when I tried using Gingerbread ROMs, and led me back to Froyo. Left unfixed, this will be a deal-breaker for me - I need to be able to rely on receiving e-mails for work when I'm on the road.

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Add me to the list. My data connection drops seemingly randomly, and the only way I have to get it back is to reboot the phone - toggling airplane mode doesn't help in ny case. Interestingly, this is the same behavior I saw on my OG droid when I tried using Gingerbread ROMs, and led me back to Froyo. Left unfixed, this will be a deal-breaker for me - I need to be able to rely on receiving e-mails for work when I'm on the road.

I've had it happen to me once late morning today....got my phone yesterday and had it right at about the 23 hr mark or so..... Tried the airplane mode to reset (had an issue similarly on my HTC WinMo phone where it would just drop to "1x" and no more 3G but would still do data....just REALLY slow) and the "on/off" of the radio always seemed to fix that. And I should note, I've only been running my phone in CDMA Only mode since we don't yet have 4G in my area......

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
That has happened to me a few times. I turn on airplane mode and turn it right back off... i immediately get a data connection.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Mine's cutting out also.. I'll have 2-3 bars of 4G, and it'll cut out.. the 4G will disappear, show white bars and it'll come back after a few seconds. Happens on 3G also.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a question and can't seem to find an answer for it. When I'm connected to wifi, should my data connection appear in white? It stays blue, and I'm trying to find out if I'm burning unnecessary battery.