ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM] ThundeROM V1.8.3 4/5/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Just found android central website. What if anything is not working with this rom. Looks great. Sms, voicemail, gps, camera all work? Just checking. Thanks in advance

Yes this a very stable Rom that runs great. Must have VD software though or there will be issues.

Mindyyyx

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Internet resetting...?

I have a new question with the internet on my phone...
now that I have the internet working on my phone...it will reset from saying 3g to 1x and when it says 1x it won't work for anything.
The only way for me to get back to normal is to reboot...
kind of a pain...

Anyone having this problem also?

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a new question with the internet on my phone...
now that I have the internet working on my phone...it will reset from saying 3g to 1x and when it says 1x it won't work for anything.
The only way for me to get back to normal is to reboot...
kind of a pain...

Anyone having this problem also?

Your problem is you are on V9. Read a few posts back.

Mindyyyx

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Your problem is you are on V9. Read a few posts back.

Oh damn, so in order for it to be perfectly running smooth I have to update back to VD?

Blah which means I'll have to do root manually since z4root doesn't work with VD.

And I have to have root to have the thunderom right?

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Oh damn, so in order for it to be perfectly running smooth I have to update back to VD?

Blah which means I'll have to do root manually since z4root doesn't work with VD.

IF you have a custom recovery, make a nandroid backup of your phone, use the lg tool to update to VD, then restore your nandroid... (it doesn't over-write the custom recovery...)

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

It's actually way easier than that.

Put TR1.8.2 on root of SD card.
Use Lg Updater to go to VD.
Make Nand backup of stock VD. (good to have just in case)
Flash TR1.8.2 and your done

Edit: Actually scifan is right. I forgot you were allready running 1.8.2 . Really easy.

Mindyyyx

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
It's actually way easier than that.

Put TR1.8.2 on root of SD card.
Use Lg Updater to go to VD.
Make Nand backup of stock VD. (good to have just in case)
Flash TR1.8.2 and your done

Edit: Actually scifan is right. I forgot you were allready running 1.8.2 . Really easy.

Okay, so i downloaded TR1.8.2 onto the root of the SD card...i'm about to update via lg updater on the computer...
How do i flash TR1.8.2? Through recovery?

Last edited:

Mindyyyx

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
When I tried doing a nandroid backup it gave me this...
Error : Run 'nandroid-mobile.sh' via adb!

Almost like it was yelling at me o_O

Am i doing something wrong?

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
This was before.
Uhm, this thread KSmithInNY showed how to do a recovery and that's what I have...

Try pulling the battery, then insert it. Hold POWER & VOLUME DOWN & MENU until you are back into recovery and try a nandroid again. Not real sure if this will make a difference, but it's worth a shot.

If this does not work, then I'm not sure what exactly is going on and I would not Update to VD until your recovery issue is fixed.

You could either reinstall your custom recovery or wait for some advise from a better educated Android Pro.

EDIT: If you are still having problems, You can always flash TR 1.6.2, which is for V9, and your internet and everything else should work right. ThundeROM Downloads Here

Last edited:
Reactions: Mindyyyx

Mindyyyx

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Try pulling the battery, then insert it. Hold POWER & VOLUME DOWN & MENU until you are back into recovery and try a nandroid again. Not real sure if this will make a difference, but it's worth a shot.

If this does not work, then I'm not sure what exactly is going on and I would not Update to VD until your recovery issue is fixed.

You could either reinstall your custom recovery or wait for some advise from a better educated Android Pro.

EDIT: If you are still having problems, You can always flash TR 1.6.2, which is for V9, and your internet and everything else will work right. ThundeROM Downloads Here
Just tried the battery pull then going back into recovery. Nandroid didn't work again.
Do you think if I recovered to my previous state (w/out the thunderom) and updating via lg updater tool and then tried to reinstall thunderom would the issue be fixed?
So far the mobile internet hasn't done that but I don't want it to fail again.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Just tried the battery pull then going back into recovery. Nandroid didn't work again.
Do you think if I recovered to my previous state (w/out the thunderom) and updating via lg updater tool and then tried to reinstall thunderom would the issue be fixed?
So far the mobile internet hasn't done that but I don't want it to fail again.

So you did actually perform a good nandroid of before ThundeROM 1.8 but still rooted?

Mindyyyx

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So you did actually perform a good nandroid of before ThundeROM 1.8 but still rooted?

Yep sure did. Two, actually since I was making sure if something happened to the other (somehow) I would have something else to fall back on.

ETA: (is that stupid to do it twice?)

Last edited:

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Yep sure did. Two, actually since I was making sure if something happened to the other (somehow) I would have something else to fall back on.

Ok, if it was me, I would go ahead and restore one of them, and then try to make another nandroid backup to see if was fixed. (Just to see)

If it works, then I'd update to VD (lg updater)
Make another stock VD nandroid
Wipe data, cache, and dalvik
Flash TR 1.8.2

You will lose all info in your phone and have to download all apps again.

Mindyyyx

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Okay, tried that(and reinstalling the recovery tool) and it still wouldnt let me do a nan backup.
Apparently all the times I tried to make a backup it wrote a restore tag for it and its in the restore area....
Don't know if that has to do with anything though.
UGH

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

Sorry but I can't be the only one who thinks it was a bad idea to labor the new radio VD, then add to that it doesn't work well in my area, it says I'm internationally roaming?!. I went right back to v9 after just a day with VD. Ive liked TR since the very first release but I switched to cm7 when it became stable, and I've been there since. Now that TR is VD only I can't come back even if I wanted too, but I had cm6 on my sapphire before I moved to sprint and the OS, and it's what I've been Kissinger since I left the sapphire behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware