ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM] ThundeROM V1.8.3 4/5/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droid-One

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one that I like the original stock transition more than the 1.5 custom transition? :(

I like the rom too but I have to agree. The only screen transition that seems a little bothersome is the shuffling a stack of cards one when you back out of something. The other ones are great though.

sirjoebob

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If you don't like the new animations, copy the /system/framework/framework-res.apk with one from stock or earlier version. Get by unzipping the rom.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

dan06gt

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a odd question. I get voice mails from my Cisco phone system in wav format. Prior to ThundeROM I could go into my email and play the attachment with no issues. In ThundeROM 1.4 this still worked perfect. In ThundeROM 1.5 w/ deluxe it would tell me it couldn't play the format. I reflashed with 1.5 Pro and it's working again. Could stage fright mess that up?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I have a odd question. I get voice mails from my Cisco phone system in wav format. Prior to ThundeROM I could go into my email and play the attachment with no issues. In ThundeROM 1.4 this still worked perfect. In ThundeROM 1.5 w/ deluxe it would tell me it couldn't play the format. I reflashed with 1.5 Pro and it's working again. Could stage fright mess that up?

yes.

dauvelle

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one that I like the original stock transition more than the 1.5 custom transition? :(

ACTUALLY I KINDA AGREE WITH YOU, BUT 1.5 KICKS A55 (SORRY). I'VE FOUND A THIRD PARTY APP THAT HELPS SMOOTH OUT THAT TRANSITION THING. IT'S CALLED, 'SYSTEM ANIMATION SPEED CONTROLLER', you can customize the transition to your liking with this.

randyist

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure this has been asked, but I'm wondering if I can remap the Nuance Voice command key to Google Voice action (search) ...Would I have to flash a zip to accomplish this?

slipd

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure this has been asked, but I'm wondering if I can remap the Nuance Voice command key to Google Voice action (search) ...Would I have to flash a zip to accomplish this?

I'd love to be able to remap that key too. You know holding down the search button launches Voice Search?

bugmage

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
build properties

If i flash the default thunder rom will i get the delux build properties?

If i flash a build properties will it erase anything on my phone? (like flashing the full rom)?

Thanks

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You will not get the buildprops by flashing thunderom, though you can flash them later without losing any data.

(Not responsible if your phone explodes/turns in to a Dalek, though)

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
If i flash the default thunder rom will i get the delux build properties?

No, stagefright is disabled in the most recent version of ThundeROM, so you'd get the jit buildprop. You'd need to manually flash deluxe to get both jit and stagefright (that's what I did)

If i flash a build properties will it erase anything on my phone? (like flashing the full rom)?

Nope, you can flash any buildprop file at any time without losing anything.

8er

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
GPS in error

Having problems with GPS. In google maps a 200 ft radius accuracy and is not centered on my location and the spot is roughly 200 ft from the actual location. Rebooted, ran GPS status [by eclipsim from market]. GPS status does not show a lock on a satellite, it forever tries for a lock.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Running 1.5, xionia kernel 005

*****Fixed issue*****
Toggled GPS privacy setting from E911 only and back, and the GPS woke up. I had toggled all other GPS settings without success.

Last edited:

forum_user_99

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded to 1.5 Rom. Awesome work. Thanks for all the hard work.

I have few questions.

a) what is difference between Deluxe and Pro options?
b) I came from v 1.3, so I wiped everything and installed this. I had to reinstall applications, customize home screens etc. Is there a way to preserve settings between updates.

Thanks once again for all the hard work.

AvantGuard

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Loving v1.5 guys. It took me a few weeks to decide to take the plunge into the root/ROM world, but I'm glad I did! No looking back. Looking FORWARD to the next update. Thanks again!

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded to 1.5 Rom. Awesome work. Thanks for all the hard work.

I have few questions.

a) what is difference between Deluxe and Pro options?
b) I came from v 1.3, so I wiped everything and installed this. I had to reinstall applications, customize home screens etc. Is there a way to preserve settings between updates.

Thanks once again for all the hard work.

These questions were brought up by many other users. These are legitimate concerns. I think that you will find your answers in the last 3 pages or so. Have a read.I'm sure all your wildest fantasies will come true if you just read what others have already done before you. I'm sure you will find more answers by reading through than by someone just telling you the short answer...

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Having problems with GPS. In google maps a 200 ft radius accuracy and is not centered on my location and the spot is roughly 200 ft from the actual location. Rebooted, ran GPS status [by eclipsim from market]. GPS status does not show a lock on a satellite, it forever tries for a lock.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Running 1.5, xionia kernel 005

Make sure you attempt to replicate the issue without the oc kernel before looking for assistance in this thread. Not many of us run a kernel other then what was provided and as of right now the devs don't support anything other than what is provided in their package. I haven't had problems with my gps locking on so I would recommend dropping the kernel and seeing what comes of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.